favorite current ride?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    7'6" Bonzer E-Wing

[​IMG]

Stringer, Gill, SeniorGrom and 8 others like this.
  2. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Member

Apr 27, 2008
    That is actually The Point, a few yards south of Blackies.

3. OX 45

OX 45 Member

Jan 3, 2014
    mandala_5'6_keel_2.jpg mandala_5'6_keel.jpg
    5'6 x 20.5" mandala fish, it was offered up as a trade for board i was selling on craigslist near 6 months ago...collected a thin film of dust while i surfed other boards. a few weeks back (with a little nudging from donger) it made its way down to a well know california point on a decent day. ive been going through quite a few smaller boards these last couple years trying to find a nice fit, interesting when what ive been looking for has been in my garage for the better half of a year (i should probably look a bit deeper into that)
    it fits the standard description of a keel fish. fast, drivey, flow... but its also got that something extra that defies interpretation, ya'll know that feeling... results may vary
    board will probably be for sale next week ;)... but right now i really like it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. apexman

apexman Member

Nov 16, 2016
    San Clemente CA
    That orange is sick! Love his boards. My current favorites are my Michael Surfboards 10'7 Glider and my 9'6 Annihilator. My wife rides a 9'4 Kai Model and that board is sweet!

Komaiaboyz likes this.
  5. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    sheesh, all that just from one ride?!

6. Lycokayaker

Lycokayaker Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NJ
    I got bit by the 6'0 egg which I have been riding a ton..... I do have my eye on a ITP variation from a local shaper.

Attached Files:

dingdong and Surfnfish like this.
  7. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    For longboards, my #1 is my Jim Phillips pig. Feels very lean with the pulled in nose and sick rails. Plenty of glide, beautiful turns. Easily the board that I own that is best suited for me, which makes sense since it was a custom. I can't even really put my finger on why, but it just resonates with me for some reason. There have been so many times when I've tried to do something -- especially late takeoffs -- made it, then thought, "Wow, I can't believe I made that." The #2 pick is my Bing Trimulux. Wider nose and overall, very stable, lots of glide, turns nicely, fairly easy to noseride. Both are 9'6". Don't tell my wife, but I probably wouldn't miss most of my other longboards if push came to shove and they really had to go, but don't you dare take these two.

LBs.jpg

8. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Took my 10' pig out and it's not doing it for me. Too much nose hanging out there in front of me. Going back to my 8'6" Vee bottom.

9. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    2BCA8BA6-A874-431D-A292-CD22535F2DEB.jpeg My 9’-9” Fineline Ant has been doing it for me lately.

Stringer, deemce, Igosurf and 6 others like this.
  10. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    how about a pic of the whole board, and one of what looks like a tasty quiver racked up? Be interested in what the models are..