Eye candy

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Benny, Nov 8, 2006.

1. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    thanks benny.i totaly get it now.

my wife and i just finished shaping and glassing our second board.its an 8'6"for her.we did a green resin tint both sides,and me and my 10yr old daughter painted it before the gloss coat. its not eye candy but now i have some good ideas for the next one.

the creme and sugar boards really get me going on making another board.

2. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    i just went back and looked at the cross bars again.if they did the yellow first,then with the next layer the black with the orange checks.that would have taken some time ,resin gelling could be a problem. do the black lines ,squeege them. then add the orange and squeege that.the more i look the more i see how hard it would be.this is really cool stuff.

3. slideright

slideright Member

Oct 19, 2006
    benny is that your board?

4. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Nope, none of these are mine. Mine belongs to a guy with a mullet.

5. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Mullets are cool:cool:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

As in Mullets For Rent or Sale:

[​IMG]

I like the fin too

Oh no .. now I am back to only seeing red crosses again .. darn .. sometimes it shows and sometimes it goes. And the size of the pic was small. Where is monkey boy when you need him. [​IMG]

Attached files

7. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah I dig that board Benny. I probably missed something here again, but why SUGAR?

Oh nevermind. I got it.

8. Scout

Scout New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    I am living in California right now ( i go back and forth) so benny saw me at the show and surfing malibu. right now i weigh about 107 so i'm far less than 150.

Benny your board's paint looks like a cross between the creme and herbie fletcher boards.

crabcakes wrote:

9. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Yeah...I've never been a fan of the really abstract stuff. If I do a few more of these, they'll be moving more towards the Creme style. I like crisp detail...which is probably why I like balsa. Wood is random in its own way, but its also predictable overall as an aesthetic.

Good to see you again before you disappeared for the winter. :D

10. ilparadosso

ilparadosso New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    USA California
    Benny,

What are you down here for?
    Will you be here for the weekend?