Dudes smoking crack selling surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by pefa, May 5, 2015.

1. Zzz

Zzz Member

Aug 15, 2017
    CA
    DJR likes this.
  2. Single_Fin_Orange

Single_Fin_Orange New Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Florida
    There are so many things I love about this board(other than the price). The faded fluorescent orange? The koa tail block(serious about that one). The 26" width. But the fin placement is classic. I guess if you change your mind after the board is glassed that's the way it goes. Everything about this board is interesting. Oh yeah, the 20" leash string.

3. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    Wrong Don, there was a guy; Don Bennett who shaped Surfboards by Don on the outer banks NC back in the day. This guy assumes that this board was made by Donald Takayama. Could be an honest mistake or just a scam. At least the price is not too inflated.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/spo/6858080154.html

Artz, DJR and Basenji703 like this.
  4. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Weren't Surfboards by Don made in VaB?

5. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    possibly he did, but i know for a time he had a shop in Nags Head, did business with him in the 80's

6. Basenji703

Basenji703 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    His shop in VaB was in the late '60's early 70's. Surfing tomorrow or working?

7. Artz

Artz Active Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    Donald Takayama never used a logo Surfboards by Don. The Board in question looks like an early 1970s style Board. At that time Donald was building Boards under the Surfings New Image logo out of Solana Beach.

DJR likes this.