Dudes smoking crack selling surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by pefa, May 5, 2015.

1. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    DKNJ and applekat like this.
  2. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
  3. Komaiaboyz

Komaiaboyz Member

Apr 27, 2008
  4. dsquare

dsquare Active Member

May 16, 2013
    USA Hawaii
    I had a Kuhio Surftech as my first board out here (north shore Oahu). Sold it to a friend for about $300- I purchased it for $400. It had a pretty significant repair on top and a "custom" (read cover-up) paint job. It looked ok, but was a beast to move around. It could surf in such a variety of conditions, but got pretty sketchy on steeper reef breaks (no kidding!?!). Fin choice and placement was key, when I switched fins to an FCS fatboy it was like having a different board. It was a great board for "re-learning" how to surf and I wish I still had it some days, but it was not a nose-rider and not an HP and for the type of surfing I was doing, it wasn't the best choice. My buddy finally learned to surf on it (after going through multiple cheap HP longboards built for someone 50 pounds lighter). If its worth that much used I'm gonna keep an eye out for it.

If someone wants it I'm happy to go up north to buy it and hold it or package for shipping ($$$$$$). Best bet is I hold it for you to ride out here on Kauai and hang it in my house for when you come out! Happy to do the same for any of his other boards.

kclibman likes this.
  5. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
  6. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  7. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County