Dudes smoking crack selling surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by pefa, May 5, 2015.

1. 306Bing

306Bing Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    OCNJ
    He confirmed he didnt make a decimal point error for me. 15000 not 150.00. Still 3 zeros. Museum quality? LOL

2. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

3. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

let's call this one 'Dudes Smoking Crack Designing Surfboards'

[​IMG]

4. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    “This board pulls in more tail than any other surfboard out there”

Surfnfish likes this.
  5. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts

Price is firm of course I've already received more text messages than any board I've listed in the last year , I'm happy you want it too .

I commute about 100 miles daily from Ventura LA to Hollywood sometimes to Venice and Santa Monica and through the Valley so if you're along my route I'm happy to make it easy to meet up or you can also make your way to me :)

I bought this beauty a few weeks ago because of the thought of having to wait a year for a real hand shape was something I was already resigned to , and this came up for sale at Mollusk and dove in! . I'd been lusting after one for some time and this prompted a buy for obvious reasons , so if you've been wishing upon a Star for one of the most sought after shapes from one of the most revered "underground" shapers , now is your chance to have it brand new and save about $200 no tax. These are like diamonds . They do not loose their value and the fact that there is a 1 year waiting list should also be an indicator of how in demand these babies are.

"Why would I ever think of a shape like this " say the short and long boarders? You really cannot find enough reasons actually to not have one - let me explain. The innovation is 2 fold : there is a very subtle but long toed channel that runs a great length of the board through the fins and the design is such that you can turn it but also DRIVE the board with it's beautiful white fin. The classic beak nose is no BS version (a pet peeve of mine when they're not done right) it is so inviting to the eye.

Who can ride the board?
    It's more a matter of how.
    The reason is that some boards require you to create speed by using the fin, this board has the ability to glide like boards in the 9'6 long board range, but also can maneuver into shorter pumping beach breaks - think points or deep water beach breaks . Yeah sure you can plow into Zuma and not slip out as well, but personally I would not usually recommend this type of board going into that wave . But it can be done easily to be quite frank.

So you're capable of trimming , turning fast by just shifting the weight and doing hard turns and maintaining speed because the points of resistance become less and less with this design and all it does is let water shoot through it . You'll be able to go out on slow days and complete every section , or faster bigger days and control well... yeah you'll control it . Weather it's malibu and you get one single pump and rocket away , and then do a series of cut backs that will not slow you down because the board keeps projecting as you do your turns and alternate the fins .. The connection to the boards subtle contours will have you smiling . I had ridden one once and had to have one. Then this came up and I bought it . I've had to sell off a bunch of things as of late and it's a bit of a heart break but if it doesn't , it'll be okay , I'll probably pay off what I need to and pull this off Craigslist in a few weeks if it doesn't and probably feel better about it, but for the time being , I'm going to allow it to to go to someone who's in love with this board because it's not going to be in the water here, and that's a damn shame .

The price is non negotiable and firm thank you

6. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Truly, who has the time to write something like this? I believe we're both ripping apart the same dime-store Cormac McCarthy in the Craigslist thread as well.

7. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Right?

Better yet, who reads that shit then think... “hmm, I must purchase this NOW”

8. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ

9. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County