Dudes smoking crack selling surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by pefa, May 5, 2015.

1. Nubancho

Nubancho Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Orange County
    walkingtheplank likes this.
  2. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

walkingtheplank likes this.
  3. Gallery

Gallery Member

Jul 3, 2018
    New Jersey
    You can't look at that from a used surfboard perspective. It's priced according to fine art. A brand new one will run you pretty close to that and he's sold plenty of pieces for more than that.
    http://store.drewbrophy.com/percession-2012-original-painting-on-surfboard-sold/

But I do think that's priced high for the quality and detail of that specific piece. If I had to guess it's probably a $3-4K piece. Not $10K.

davey likes this.
  4. ac95

ac95 Active Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Los Angeles,California
  5. crnickazy

crnickazy New Member

May 27, 2018
    San Diego
    Omar listed the board for $3k two days ago, re-listed it for $4k today. Is there something special about this Frye that I'm missing? Also, it irritates me that he's trying to sell these other garbage K models on craigslist for almost 2k- if you saw the boards in person you'd know they aren't worth that. Lists the one with the pendoflex deck as "very good condition"- all while nit-picking the life out of my boards- give me a break!

6. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    He’e Nalu? I think gearnuts has that on his skip. Anyone know what it means?

7. Basenji703

Basenji703 Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Virginia Beach, VA
    306Bing likes this.
  8. MrChristmas

MrChristmas Member

Dec 10, 2014
    USA California
    Skip writes that on all his boards just like the penciled wings on the bottom.