Creme surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nikosurf, Jul 29, 2006.

1. weberrider

weberrider Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I just saw a Creme Homo Soft Top for $1200.00 on E Bay.

2. shapewright

shapewright Active Member

Aug 6, 2006
    USA California
    I don't know if you have ever actually held one in your hands or ridden a Creme, but Robbie isn't looking to be the next flavor of the week. He's a helluva good surfer, with style of his own, there are other really great surfers that can surf circles around him, but he doesn't claim anywhere to be number one. Robbie hasn't been shaping for that many years, but has the knowlege of what makes a board work well and hates following on the coattails of the other 20" nose shapers. When a young shaper breaks into the biz, crap is sure to fly, Robbie is no different and he is surely getting his share of crap all over him. The difference here is, he isn't full of this crap, 3 years ago I was shaping his boards and he rode my lable along with his, I took him under my wing and started teaching him how to really shape a functional surfboard, not just churn out more crap. He'll get better over the years, no one becomes a hero shaper overnight, but with his surfing ability and gungho attitude in the shaping room and water, he is developing a following of young and older sufers who dig his ideas. He shapes what he rides and some of his trials at new designs sometimes don't work the way he likes and he goes on fromm there, he isn't afraid to admit it.
    Robbie is like a young George Greenough, full of life and energy, people didn't bag on Greenough for breaking away from the old school mainstream, he was lauded for his fresh ideas. There are about a jillion kook shapers who are making a living with a whole lot less enthusiasm and haven't ridden a wave for years. Bag on the boy after you have ridden on of his boards. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body

3. B.O.S.S

B.O.S.S Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Texas
    shapewright wrote:

4. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    They are showing up on CD covers...

Attached files
    [​IMG]

5. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    I love that song!

Come on knock on our door
    We've been waiting for you
    Where the kisses are hers & hers & his'
    3's company too...

6. christafari

christafari New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    USA California
    ....Come and dance on our floor

take a step that is new.... oh, you know the rest.

7. slosurf

slosurf Active Member

Sep 1, 2004
    USA Maryland
    I have actually never heard this band. Aare they good? I know three members are also in Beachwood Sparks. I highly recommend this CD:

Attached files
    [​IMG]

8. Benny

Benny Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    I see Jack & Janet, but where's Chrissy and who are those other two? They don't look like the Ropers.

9. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA New Jersey
  10. enchilladas

enchilladas New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    USA
    the tyde are pretty good. The Rademakers (Darren and "Ann do") and crew have some really catchy 60's influenced music that is very tastefull. It gets you in the mood- whatever mood that may be. My favorite song is Brock Landers and it also has a pretty sweet video with CJ, Kegal (creme owner/shaper) and some other shredders in it. Check it out on their website:

www.thetyde.com

WARNING: They like their Creme surfboards...