Creme surfboards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by nikosurf, Jul 29, 2006.

1. nikosurf

nikosurf New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    USA California
    Any particularly good models?

2. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    my advice is to try and get in touch with robbie. he's a friend of mine, but i haven't ridden many of his boards. they look nice, he rides them well, as do guys like christian and cj, but those 3 could ride anything. so, i'd try and talk to him personally and ask away anything you want to know. he's a very nice guy.

3. chicksav

chicksav New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I cannot say I have ridden one but quite frankly, those glass jobs look like crap. The interview with the guy in longboard mag a few issues back made me want to vomit. The guy has a board called the kook killer...!>!!?!?!? Gosh he's sooooooo cool. In his interview he said something to the effect how he thought the fish thing was stupid or something like that...but he sure sells them. What a d-bag.

I could never buy one of his boards just on principal

4. rrhyne

rrhyne New Member

Jul 19, 2006
    USA
    Couldn't disaggree more on the glass jobs. Those boards look great.

5. chicksav

chicksav New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    This is a nice glass job??????, ooops I spilled some blue resin.....man thats so cool........Oh sorry I was high.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. wanderer

wanderer Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA Texas
    • lack of solid, good reputation[/*]
    • varying opinions on product quality [/*]
    • artsy, imprecise color schemes [/*]
    • non-traditional appearance [/*]
    • controversial model names [/*]
    • offbeat interview responses [/*]
    • impossible, incomplete website[/*]
    Is it the making of the next big name in surfboards, or does it indicate an effort to make boards for the glitterati and the too-cool, that just may not make it as a long-term business?

7. chicksav

chicksav New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thank you voice of reason. If anyone wants to try out a newer to the market shaper that makes quality boards try a Hunt or a Dano. Creme boards are just what the name implies, all fluff no substance.

8. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    wanderer and chicksav,

to each his own, but i have to ask, why the hell does "non traditional appearence" get thrown in? seems a bit petty. thought we were talking about surfboards. do you really buy your board based on the shapers looks? and, as for model names, i think you will find most are jokes. an attempt at humor, that fits the shapers joking around personality.

p.s. i really like the looks of dano's. very nice boards. kind of feel like hunts are a little overrated though, just an opinion, sorry to all of the hunt-diehards.

9. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    double post woops.

10. Scout

Scout New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    i've only tried boards that didn't have model names but i really dug them a lot. just seemed to do not only what i wanted it to do but a little more as well. turning on the nose and side slipping are definately amoung it's fortés. i'd recomend them for sure. As for the glass job i didn't see any problems with them at all. maybe it isn't aesthetically pleasing for some but i think that's different than bad glassing