Craigslist Deals of The Week (SoCal)

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by FirstPointEric, Dec 7, 2010.

1. waveslider619

waveslider619 New Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    Video?

2. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    @ 4:20, not easy at Pipe on a board from that time. Also, Jocks wave at AlaMo (2nd wave of that part, right before the BP/Pipe wave. Jock laughing as he pulls into a weightless lip pitch. Hell yes!:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

4. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
  5. waveslider619

waveslider619 New Member

Sep 8, 2017
    SD
    thank you

6. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

That's JBer japsom's board, Keith. Jason, you want to figure out something with our man kpd?

ElBrooklyn likes this.
  7. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    ive got a couple of boards at Bing's shop in encinitas for shipment. Can fit this into my box to save on shipment

8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    When I say the Worst timing I'm not kidding.
    Before I left for New Zealand I went to sell my van. It was a really rad, custom build Ford E-150 and was going for $3300.

Along with the vans original ad I listed this one-
    https://providence.craigslist.org/cto/d/camper-adventure-van-for-sale/6617064369.html

I got a half dozen replies to the For Sale ad with some lowballs and 4 or 5 Legit $3000 dollar offers.
    For the other ad I got one reply. It was from a guy who will remain nameless and I took the time to talk to him to get to know his story better. He was living in a rusted out truck with his 2 kids in Providence and the truck was on it's way out.
    He really needed Help.
    I really needed $3000 to help fund my trip to New Zealand.
    Damn...
    It took me one night to decide and I contacted him to gift him the van. We had a Really hard time coordinating a meet up. It finally came down to the Actual day I was leaving and I was in the parking lot of the Fall River Stop and Shop waiting on him.
    He was at the wrong place, and would be there in an hour.
    I couldn't wait so I left the van with keys in the gas tank, bill of sale in the glove, and $20 in cash tucked in a pair of workboots so he could put gas in it or food in himself. That $20 was my last, I was tapped out.
    Halfway to the airport he called in tears to thank me.
    I had never met him.

Cut to this year, this Week, I go to register my new to me van- Stoked! - and my license comes up suspended. Multiple infractions. Huh?
    Within a week of this guy getting the van he ran a Stop sign and totalled it. It still had my plates on it but no Insurance. He was unlicensed.
    The van got towed to a junk yard and after not being claimed...Destroyed. My grandparents old Coleman cooler and my grandfathers old tools. My Uncles who have both passed, their old school sleeping bags, and a bunch of other stuff I had left in it to help him and his family get through the Winter.
    Gone.
    And now i'm on the hook for $$$$ to the state, insurance, and who knows what else right now, but super sad my friend- Mr Van - came to such a demise.
    I'm digging myself out bit by bit and just got the fines settled to re instate my License and get this new van up and on track. I'm also in the midst of a really killer little start up surf company, and while still pressing forward, this set me way way Way back.
    For the Moment.

So when I say the Worst Timing? I ain't kidding.
    What was left in my Paypal just went to Russ Short and scored me a tee shirt. (Stoked)
    Everything else is on hold for the moment.
    For the Moment.

The pendulum swings and I'm coming back in the best shape of my Life still having not lost the pulse of Stoke.
    This place is a huge reason for that and while I will apologize for the length of tale, I know I am at least amongst friends, some met, most unseen, who at least have a small understanding of what I'm about, and this honestly is the only place I really share stuff.

NOW...
    Someone score that board!
    Promise me dibs, and I'll make good on the Getting.

Thanks for your Time and Energy here.

kpd

sonOsea and shawnzee like this.
  9. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    wow what a story...i reached out to Jason considering i have boards on the west coast shipping soon. may need help to get the board to encinitas if deal is made. @kpd73 this board is going to be yours.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Driftwood, Zzz, glider_boy and 2 others like this.
  10. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    Keith you are incredible!