Craigslist Deals of The Week (SoCal)

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by FirstPointEric, Dec 7, 2010.

1. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    Awesome man. I'll PM you. Thanks for the help.

2. kooklabs

kooklabs New Member

Sep 16, 2015
  3. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Yeah, you sold it to me, and I sold it to a perceived "friend" in Long Beach/Seal Beach for the same price who had "always wanted a Skip since he was a kid," since I wasn't riding it - I explicitly asked him to please, please sell it back to me if he had to get rid of it, and about a week after the sale, the guy went radio silent. A couple Jammers here know how frustrated I was with this whole thing; apparently Omar's tentacles run too deep.

BrazilButtNut and JBorbone like this.
  4. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    "Omar's tentacles run too deep". Was that a line from last night's S8-E1 GoT premiere? ;)

5. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    I imagine if you call the guy and explain the situation that he’d be somewhat understanding. People are still people, no?

DanSan likes this.
  6. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Apparently this guy is a vintage board flipper, which I found out after the fact as someone else in the VSCC knew who he was and is about, does a lot of selling on this site called The Surfboard Hoard and has burned a few people in the vintage community as well. Same person also explicitly knew my disdain for Omar's business practice so it feels moot now.

Anyway, like new Trimcraft ReBowls in SLO for $550, shaped by that nice guy who does Jive Surfboards.

https://slo.craigslist.org/for/d/tyro-surfboard-76-trimcraft-rebowls/6845595814.html

7. takedown

takedown Active Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    And Joe comes through with the big assist! Joe dealt with getting the wrong number from the seller and was patient with me as I finally got a good number. He took time out of his morning to go pick it up this morning and the board is a beauty. He also was flexible on how to get him the money and that's appreciated. It's so cool to have a network of people to assist, especially being up in Oregon with a pretty poor used market. I hope to return the favor when I'm down in SoCal and the next time I make the long road trip from Oregon.

Thanks man, you are awesome.

8. joeblackuz

joeblackuz Active Member

Apr 15, 2005
    No worries takedown you are very welcome! Hope it surfs as good as it looks!! Which Im pretty sure it will. lol

walkingtheplank and kclibman like this.