Craigslist Deals- East Coast

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by kpd73, May 30, 2013.

1. Croweater

Croweater Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Carlsbad, CA
    I found mine very user friendly. Good deal....someone should grab it. Durable and great travel board.

https://cjnelsondesigns.com/slasher/

2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    It looks like it has a couple of delam bubbles.

3. Jimflorida

Jimflorida New Member

Sep 18, 2017
    New Smyrna Beach, FL
    And aren’t these CJ Nelson carbon laminations cranked out overseas? That bothers me a bit.

4. Roadmaster

Roadmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    I think when people do not take the wax off a board they are actively selling, the wax is often left on to cover up defects. In person the dents and delays can be seen unless the wax is very old and thick, but the seller got you over to see the board and maybe made a sale.

5. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    it's both a curse and a blessing. either A) you have a surfer who has had the board and knows what lies underneath, or B) you have a completely clueless person who inherited the board from a step-uncles brother's sister's former college roommate and looks at the browning wax and goes "this thing is worthless, look how dirty it is! $50 and its yours." i've stripped wax off boards more times in the "B" case and found a beautiful looking log more times than not though. really the only time i've ever found something undesirable was on my tudor fish.

there's a board up right now (that's been up forever) close to me that the seller refused to strip the wax off of and clearly had scratches and dings all over it, wouldn't budge on his price and incessantly texted me asking when i was going to come see it. hella suspect.

6. Roadmaster

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    The Donald Takayama longboard Hawaiian Pro Designs is back for sale on craigslist, inland Virginia. I guess it was about a year ago first listed, photos are the same from late 2017 and early 2018. Says shaped by Donald but no photos of signature or numbers. Nice looking board but way short at 8 feet!! would be a good one for someones lightweight kid, who has deep pockets

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/spo/6813769673.html

7. MDM

MDM Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    USA New Hampshire
    That neon pink lam ruins it for me

DKNJ and Roadmaster like this.
  8. Roadmaster

Nov 19, 2015
    USA Virginia
    maybe for someones daughter? looks like they left on a thin layer of wax as well

9. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    when i see random hawaiian pro designs boards pop up for $ like that i wonder if it was foolish of me to sell this one for $500. but then i look at this picture again and go, yeah that's fine.

[​IMG]

DJR and Roadmaster like this.
  10. elFlaco

elFlaco New Member

Feb 7, 2019
    VA
    They don't understand how to price it. It's not rare enough or special enough to fall into the collectible category. Its still just a board to ride and for $1500 you can have pretty much any LB out there.

DJR likes this.