Craigslist Deals- East Coast

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by kpd73, May 30, 2013.

1. 306Bing

306Bing Active Member

Oct 1, 2015
    OCNJ
    go get them and re-list for $3000

WhiteRussian likes this.
  2. JBorbone

JBorbone Active Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    I'm fairly certain it's a scam.

I emailed the poster within hours of it being posted, then waited 10 hours and emailed from another email address, then another email address after another 10 hours. Thus far I've had 4 different people email the poster for me at varying times.

No one has received a reply, and given how quickly my initial email went out after it being listed I'd be shocked if someone beat me to it.

WhiteRussian likes this.
  3. joepoko

joepoko Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Queens, NY
    looks like a G&S for sure and the one next to it looks like a dextra.

i also love when people put the lengths of the boards in inches. make me do math for a second.

Lackosense likes this.
  4. Tlri

Tlri Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
  5. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Cool deck for sure - never taken on a project quite that big, but why not start at $50?

6. Tlri

Tlri Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Text I got from the seller.

Good morning- I am unsure of the length exactly and I am currently at Uconn. I will have my parents get me the specific measurements later tonight when they get home from work. There are 2 small fins that are fiberglasses in and it seems like the central groove holds one large fin. I am not eager to sell it as I know Jim Phillips is a very well known shaper and it clearly isn't a massed produced board but for the right price I will definitly let it go

Not looking like he’s too interested in a “deal” but worth a try.

7. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Ha - yes, JP is well-known and a hell of a shaper, but that board will never be the shape Jim intended ever again because of all the repairs it will need up front. Maybe a good project board for someone looking to brush up large-repair skills (way more than average ding repair), given it's pedigree and deck art, but I personally wouldn't throw more than $50 bucks at it even if I intended a wholesale refurb of the front 1/3 of the bottom glass. If the board was that abused and neglected, I'm sure there are other issues not pictured as well.