COOPERFISH VBOTTOM

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by shadydave, Jun 1, 2017.

1. avaday

avaday Member

Oct 9, 2015
    USA New York
    bummer...but that goes without saying...board first...sad that he lost the achives...sure he has a hard copy

2. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I don't want to speak for Gene, but pretty sure numbers are all sequential. At one point he would use the person's initials in custom orders so if it doesn't say GC then the number the initials are the person with the original order. Anything with a Cooperfish logo was personally shaped by Gene.

The early cooperdesigns I think were also Gene shapes with Zeph starting in the early 100's. I had 107 that was gene shaped and 114 that was zeph shaped. I think around 110 or so up through until Zeph stopped with Gene.

3. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
    Using the Internet Archive I was able to view the old Cooperfish board archive list recently while doing research on a board.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. SdSurferguy

SdSurferguy Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2006
    USA
  5. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    NJ Longboarder is spot on. I've had 4 of the coop designs below 100. I still have cooper designs #101. A thick 9'4" V2 that I'll never part with. Good luck. If that small blanket one is the v bottom that Miles used to own then I can whole heartedly vouch for its shredability.

6. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Member

Jan 23, 2013
    West Coast
    IMG_4356.JPG Here's #120, a CF MF.

JMJackFish likes this.
  7. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    I came so close to aquiring the 7' cooperdesigns V1 that was up here yesterday but alas the seller decided to keep it....heart broken :( ... will continue living on a prayer

shadydave likes this.
  8. cheyneskeezer

cheyneskeezer Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    Long Beach CA
  9. Onefin

Onefin New Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Cardiff, CA
    I bought the Mexican blanket v from wade at his San Clemente moving/yard/board sale and took it down to Cardiff. I then sold it around Halloween 2015. Dude in a split window VW Bus bought it. I had over 30 people on CL actively trying to buy that board. Pretty sure I bought it for $900 and sold it at the same price? Beautiful board for sure.

Lackosense and shadydave like this.