cooperdesigns roundlabel and Zeph Carrigg (sp?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by faceplant, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Jaimo

Jaimo Active Member

Nov 19, 2006
    pierpont-scott wrote:
    Word! Riding turds is so freakin' gay. Who has time for that? (did someone eat corn?)

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    I too would love to come there to surf, only problem I can't get a board there big enough for me to surf. Or could I, let me do some checking.

3. B.O.S.S

B.O.S.S Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Texas
    little AL wrote:
    AL You are welcome to ride my carson or my haut . bob

4. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    Thanks for the offer, but I would love to bring one of my own boards if at all possable.

5. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    Al, if you have one you won't miss for a while, I know someone who will ferry it both ways for you. It just might be a while between legs of the trip.:D

6. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Same question as I asked east coast - what time of year would you recommend? I could be up for this.

7. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    Well since I don't have may board I'm not sure I have one that I could allow to leave me for any time at all. ;)Who am I tring to kid, yes I have one that I could allow to leave my sight for what say a year or so, just as long as I got it back before the end of the world.

mhc904 wrote:

8. sc-longboarder

sc-longboarder New Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA South Carolina
    faceplant wrote:
    none taken!the way it was explained to me by the great people at bing is this.the gold standard model is the example that was used.when matt got the idea for that shape he started with a 10.1 y blank.he compleatly hand shaped it then had it glassed.after riding it and letting others ride it for feedback he would hand shape another one until it was perfect.it took 3.5 monthes to get the board the shape that he wanted and it was all done by hand.then the board would be sent out and a cam would get all the info and then the new blanks could be milled out for the exact same shape.when matt gets it he then spends approx 45 minutes fine shaping it.that means every gold standard is the same shape.i would think most shapers would do this because i dont think anyone is talented enough to shape the exact same board every single time.it may be close but people are not perfect. so to say machine shaped i dont feel is a correct usage.

9. faceplant

faceplant New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Those goldstandards are sweet- my buddy absolutely loves his!

sc-longboarder wrote:

10. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    SC you are so right on. The CNC cuts every blank the same and all the shaper has to do is finish sand it and do the rails. Almost all shapers are using the machine and the board come out as close to the same as can be expected. In the old days they use shop rats in training to do the same thing, they would skin the blanks cut out the templet and get the blank kinda close, then the shaper would come in the finish off the board. If the shaper got one purf he would a lot of times set it aside for one of his team riders and make another one for the guy that ordered the board. Which ment the joe guy like you and me did not get the purf board, now almost all of them are purf so we are all riding boards that a few years back were only riden by the team riders. Then there are guys like me that are so far out of the box that all of my boards have to be hand shaped so I win some and I loose some.

sc-longboarder wrote: