Comfy Grass Changing Mat

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Ticowannabe, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Hey Jammers,

A few of us were on a mission to get a bigger turf grass mat for changing after seeing a buddy's 20x25...looked on line and at all the local big box hardware stores as well as manufacturers and none made sense monetarily. Semper ended up frustrated and bought one of the 20"x 25" ones available that retail for $30 right when i finally found a source so he took it back and now has one from me(a gift, as he has stored up a lot of stoke points). I had to buy in bulk so i could make some for my kids and friends and now i have a lot left over. This is all high quality turf with "thatch" super cushy and warm on the feet also great to set your wet stuff on for the drive home. Below is a pic of the retail 20"x25" $30 size for comparison to the 3 sizes i have now available to jammers.

24"x30" at $20 ea. 44% larger than 20"x25"
    30"x32" at $27 ea.
    26"x43" at $30 ea.

i have a little more material to make a custom size or two if desired as long as i don't end up with too much waste.

figure we can do a mat train in so cal if need be or can ship if needed at actual shipping costs...probably $10 to $15 but need to verify upon interest and zip.

PS. I am going to make a frigging fortune off this so please feel free to be very pi$$ed off i am offering these to my buddy's:dude: if you must.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    changing mat? does it come with a skirt too. man up.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.surfgrassmats.com/about-us

Are you guys behind this? Been doing this for years along with a towel or some kooks t-shirt. :)

4. Ticowannabe

Apr 25, 2012
    NJ Longboarder wrote:
    :pNJ, you can PM me your order

5. Ticowannabe

Apr 25, 2012
    XStepper wrote:
    gets sand off my feet better, does not track as much sand into my car or my home from the soaking wet and sand filled towel.
    I just shake out the mat at the beach (think shake weight, if you must)and it's done. Keeps sand off my wetsuit better too as the sand does not sit on the surface of the mat like it does on the towel....just my experience manly men.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ticowannabe wrote:
    The kook thing was a joke and I use the synthetic grass after fly fishing in waders to take the crap off and also after bow hunting to also take the gunk off boots.

I doubt that you have been doing it twice as long as I have been surfing since I was 8 and hunting and fishing equally as long. Does it really matter?

More power to you guys if you can sell them on here...

7. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    I'll take one of the 30x32...we can settle up next time I see you...thanks! Wade and I had fun wrestling around on the one he had....so its multi-functional!

8. Ticowannabe

Apr 25, 2012
    XStepper wrote:
    mine were jokes too:)don't get all sensitive on me...

it is just me selling what i have left over if anyone wants them that is...

I also am into fly fishing, salt and fresh, great sport and i use one for that as well.
    watch out for the snails

9. Guest

Guest Guest

dingdong wrote:
    Hey you can stand on your car and check the surf while changing into or out of your gear. :) :shock: :p

[​IMG]

10. Ticowannabe

Apr 25, 2012
    XStepper wrote:
    now that is funny....:D

and so damn stylish...must...buy...more...turf