Clandestino...wow!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dtorrent, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Update: I bought that Avocet, got the tail pad off after literally hours of using every noxious chemical known to man, and rode it at big, mushy Terramar. I loved it. It has a ton of volume and carries a ton of speed, but the tail digs in hard and it turns tighter than you'd think. I have only been able to ride it once in all of this time, as I can't seem to stop getting colds, and when I have been healthly, it has been micro small, so I ride my CC Westside. I will report again in the future. Fun fact: On Tudor's Instagram, he posted about a board similar to the Clandestino( I think it was the inspo for it, he said) and gave a bit of a ride review/ how he sees it fit in his quiver.

2. kyle

kyle Member

Jun 2, 2010
  3. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Rode my Avocet in chest to head high surf yesterday. I may go smaller or with more flex for the fin. Currently has a 9in 4A in there, with sidebites. It rode wonderfully in mostly down the line stuff, very stable at high speeds and definitely helped me make a few sections. I need to try it in small stuff now to really get a feel for the board as an all around type of thing. I am out of shape, its 7 footer, plenty wide and thick, and I felt like I was riding a board a foot shorter. Haven't surfed enough lately.

thomas likes this.
  4. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    My Avocet has a 9in 4A(seems like it may be too big) with small side bites. Other than a smaller 4A, any other fin recommendations for it?

5. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    8" L-Flex or a Frye of the same length

6. pursuitofnow

pursuitofnow Member

Jun 29, 2013
    SF
    Excited to try this fin in my Clandestino.

[​IMG]

Calisrfr2 and JMJackFish like this.
  7. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Been digging the Avocet on bigger days and even had it into some steeper oside beach break last night. I'm thinking that when summer comes/ I want to ride it in smaller non logging days, the 9in Greenough is going to be too stiff. Anyone have experience with the Lovelace V bowls fin? I am contemplating a smaller l flex or skip fin, curious how this v bowls will compare. My avocet has sidebites too.

Attached Files:

8. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    I just picked up an 8' 8".
    20180701_131158.jpg