Clandestino...wow!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dtorrent, Dec 14, 2016.

1. hullogfish

hullogfish Active Member

Dec 22, 2006
    USA California
    Wow, the Clandestino and especially the Avocet looks like it'd work perfect for those mid size days!

2. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Yes, the 8'2 I rode yesterday in waist-high surf caught waves *almost* as good as my 9'4 Christenson. Which is the best wavecatcher I have ever had.

3. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    D, My last custom from Manuel was 5 months. He was super busy at the time and didnt want anymore new orders. I said I wasnt in a hurry and happy to ride the bottom of the list. I wish you were closer to share shipping I've been on the fence about a custom for some time.

as for other fins I thought the 9.5 Paul Gross Big Red worked great.

Hullogfish
    the Avocet in SLO would definitely be a great choice. I have a 6'5 and it's mental and has lots of range

4. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

I had the aforementioned 8'6" and a 7 foot avocet with side bites. Both are great and used for different purposes. Can't go wrong with either or buy both...ask Manny for a package deal or have his wife shape you the same thing for quite a bit less.

MDM likes this.
  5. japsom

japsom Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    USA California
    Sounds like a perfect board for a greenough 4c. Allaboutit

6. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    Nothing but good things to say about my 8.6" that a couple doods here have previously molested. I'm kinda crazy and run a 10in Futures volan tiller fin. I've had as many fancy fins as anyone here and the futures volan tiller is a good fin. I rode it last weekend in shoulder night country reef waves on my forehand. Loves subtle changes. Surf it with your hips down the line. Carver. Trimmer. Surfer.

7. Fishy

Fishy Active Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Sounds pretty dreamy!

8. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    It is! Has a wide tail so for me that limits its range. The bigger the waves get the more pulled in my tails get. I'd LOVE to ride this thing at Scorpion Bay. This board and my Coop C2 gun are really the only two boards I need.

MDM likes this.
  9. Fishy

Fishy Active Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Agree that the board sounds good, but that's not what I was dreaming about.

I was referring to 'shoulder high country reef waves on my forehand' If I could have that I don't think I'd be picky about which board I had.

10. kyle

kyle Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Hey y'all! Anyone want to part with their Clandestino?