Clandestino...wow!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dtorrent, Dec 14, 2016.

1. MDM

MDM Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    USA New Hampshire
    Going too short will kill the deal. 7 8 to 8 0

2. pursuitofnow

pursuitofnow Member

Jun 29, 2013
    SF
    I have one that is 7'11 and it's a go to board for sure. I ride it as a short longboard (waist to head high) and it is one the fastest boards I've ridden. Steep or soft it is great and will connect sections. I would not want to go shorter.

3. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Thanks for all the info guys!

MDM likes this.
  4. UncleKevin

UncleKevin Member

Mar 4, 2016
    USA Florida
    I have a 7'6 and a buddy I surf with daily has a 7'11.. crazy how different the two boards ride. He rides his in just about everything and mine is a bit stubborn in smaller surf but waist + surf its hard to beat. We're both around 145lbs.

MDM likes this.
  5. MDM

MDM Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    USA New Hampshire
    Is everyone riding as a single ?

6. pursuitofnow

pursuitofnow Member

Jun 29, 2013
    SF
    single only on mine and my favorite in it is the 9.5 phd volan fin.

7. shadydave

shadydave Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Ayer Ma USA
    This fin choice sounds very interesting to me what is it you like about that fin? Also wondering what else you have tried. I'm running a 9" CC tracker in my 8'-4" but I like the sounds of that phd fin.

8. pursuitofnow

pursuitofnow Member

Jun 29, 2013
    SF
    I've tried the 9" greenough that Manny suggested, 9" surfy surfy fin that is similar to the greenough but less base, and 9" L-flex. I like the phd as it doesn't track as much and is a little loser turning but still has plenty of drive. It's also more upright so maybe that's why it turns(pivots) better for me.

9. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Sounds like a 7'8 is what I want. Any idea what Manny's custom timeline is like? As slow as Andreini? (not complaining, that's just the way it is). Thx

10. UncleKevin

UncleKevin Member

Mar 4, 2016
    USA Florida
    I've been eying a phd for mine but don't think they come smaller than 9"? How's was the 4a? Thinking of the Volan 4a in 8.5" if I can't come across a 9" phd.

I'm running a 9" Tudor V Flex Fins Unlimited but i've been meaning to replace it for a while.