Clandestino...wow!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dtorrent, Dec 14, 2016.

1. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Rode an 8'2 Clandestino today. Wow, really really fun board. Now I want one. Unsure how big. I am only 110 lbs. But middle-aged. Was thinking 7 foot but anyone have any input? Paging Cuda. Thx

2. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

3. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    The challenge with that board is getting that dogshit tailpad off a beautiful surfboard. #surffail

4. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    I thought the same thing! #epicfail

5. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

You two don't want boost sweet airs? Come on.

I would use that as a bargaining chip. Its easy to remove tail pads.

6. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I was going to boost an air on my 7 footer but the turbo tunnel fin got hung up in the lip.

deemce and walkingtheplank like this.
  7. OrangeDog

OrangeDog Guest

You were going so fast with that fin you probably pulled the air without knowing

8. cuda

cuda Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Rode an 8'2 Clandestino today. Wow, really really fun board. Now I want one. Unsure how big. I am only 110 lbs. But middle-aged. Was thinking 7 foot but anyone have any input? Paging Cuda. Thx

D, I wouldnt go shorter than 7'6 or so it's a different board shorter you go. Personally I want it to be a mini longboard vs a midlength. These boards imo (in addition to wave hogs quiver killers) are all about trim, bank, carve rinse and repeat. Under 7'6 you are going to lose a lot of that. That 7'0 would be a blast but be very different than the 8'2. could you noseride the 8'2? On the 8'6 5's were easy which could be another decision factor.

MDM likes this.
  9. dtorrent

dtorrent Active Member

Jun 21, 2004
    Yes, I want all that: trim, bank, carve repeat. I also want to to some wraparound cutbacks a la Joel Tudor at Lowers. Hence the thoughts of a bit shorter. I guess I should just get two. Haha

10. Mizrachi

Mizrachi Active Member

May 16, 2013
    I was considering the Clandestino as a better wave board until Manny directed me to the Avocet. Ended up with a Serena. Either way, I think the choice may come down to what conditions you're surfing. Kind of a win-win since both of these boards are fantastic.