Bones Brigade documentary on Netflix

Discussion in 'Skate' started by Chilly Willy, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I stumbled upon a great gem on Netflix yesterday -- "Bones Brigade: An Autobiography". It is a documentary about the rise of the Powell Peralta brand and how they took a bunch of rag-tag kids and molded them into the infamous Bones Brigade. If you're into the 80s skate era and have Netflix, it's definitely worth a watch or two.

One of the more interesting aspects for me was listening to Rodney Mullen recount everything. He's a really strange character, but in the 'repressed genius' kind of way. Pretty amazing dude considering the massive influence he had on the sport.

zippy likes this.
  2. Justskater

Justskater New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Italy
    I saw it too.. it's amazing! ;)

3. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Ocean county nj
    Always thought staci peralta was soft growing up, but after seeing this movie and knowing as a adult what drugs and booze does to people’s lives . He kept the bones brigade team safe from all that pain. Staci a true father to the skateboarding community. Great movie

JMJackFish likes this.
  4. Flip756

Flip756 Active Member

Mar 4, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    I really enjoyed the Rodney Mullen insight. I'd like to give the world another look through his lens.

walkingtheplank and Keith like this.
  5. Fishface

Fishface Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Del Mar,CA
    if you wanna look at the other side of things - look up the documentaries on Gator - Mark Rogowski. Yeah the guy with the famous Vision Gator board... One is called "stoked". Another north sd pro... killed is gf in carlsbad and buried her in the desert. i used to live across the street in carlsbad (garfield st) from where he did it. Talked to the director of the film.

Chilly Willy likes this.
  6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Ocean county nj
    Yeah crazy sheet ... kills her , finds jesus and rats his self out

7. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Wow. I watched the full Gator documentary today. The Vision Gator was definitely on the list of cool boards to have back then (at least on my list), but I didn't know that about his tragic implosion. Bonus: It doubles as an interesting crime/forensics documentary for a little bit towards the end. So sad for everyone involved.