Board train, Carlsbad

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Driftwood, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Hello all,

Okay, another crazy board plan but worth it I hope!

This is a Murphy Red Barron model that I just spoke with Dennis about. A display board, but fully functional shape and glass that I just need to drop boxes in. A great price for a shape I know well..

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/spo/d/murphy-wallhangar-longboard/6625029818.html

But I'm in France, flying out in two days, and would need someone to pick it up and store it until I can work out a pick up from your place. Or a drop off in Claremont if you would like have a teenage kid that would like to earn a few bucks?

Happy to pay upfront via paypal, whatever works best for you and I'll try to make things up to from this end!

Thanks for your consideration.

2. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    You'll pay the dude selling it with paypal?

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Yep, no problem there.

4. nedsurf

nedsurf Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I can help, but it would have to be picked up before the 4th. I have very limited storage space and guests coming into town. Otherwise I'll have to go back to France with you as my wife will kick me out.

dingdong and deemce like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    I'm checking with my parents as well - should be able to work out a pickup pretty quickly!

6. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    I can hold it till you come pick it up or do the drop off,whatever works best for you.
    Bill

7. Killafornia

Killafornia Active Member

Oct 1, 2009
    Put me on the list. I got room

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Thanks - this place is amazing. I'll try and get ahold of the seller by phone today. If he'll accept paypal and holding the board until it's convenient for one of you guys to pick it up, we're doing great! My folks can then get up the coast in the next week or two max to pick it up. Crazy logistics, but I live in a desert as far as cool board finds go!

9. Mango Bill

Mango Bill Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    USA California
    I can just float the $200 if need be and pick up sat after noon set it up and PM the guys contact info

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Okay, my folks won't be able to get up for a week or so. Is anyone available to pick up the board before then? Bill? Killafornia? Spoke to the seller and he's a nice guy, willing to work with times and such. He doesn't have paypal so I can make you payment immediately (he dropped the price to 180 but get yourself your favorite beer while we're at this!) by paypal or drop a check in the mail - again, I want to keep this as easy as possible for everyone involved.

Feel free to send me a message with your info. And if anyone is game to set this up, could you give the seller a call to confirm that it'll be going through? Just tell him that you're helping Jeff out and he'll know it's from me.

Thanks again guys, I have my quiver here pretty wired right now, and as I'm visiting home more frequently want to have a board there that I can count on.