Bing 9'6 Elevator Prototype $675

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by enchilladas, Aug 11, 2009.

1. enchilladas

enchilladas New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    USA
    matt made this board for chris del moro for a photo shoot. then i got it and love it. i'm getting the same board in a 9'4".

i'm in NJ now, but will be up in NY soon

exact board that is shown in photo.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. enchilladas

enchilladas New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    USA
    a write up i did for some japanese surf mag in english and in japanese:

In the 1960's the Bing Nuuhiwa Noserider and Lightweight models set the standard for perfection. Today, that model of excellence is the new Bing Elevator. A board which combines concave and step deck in the nose with a subtle tail rocker, creating a well balanced lift suitable for mind-altering noserides. The flex in the nose allows you to lock into the pocket and pump down the line, while the lift in the tail stabilizes the board allowing you to find the sweet spot with ease. Unlike many noseriders of the past, the Elevator holds its forward projection and is easily piloted through hard directional pivots off the tail. Every team rider who rides this board calls it the "best noserider" they've ever ridden. Excelling in steep waves, this board is a lavish tool for the surfer with a focus on getting lots of tip time.

で、 1960年のビングNoseriderと軽量モデルの完成のための標準を設定します。今日では、優秀なのは、モデルでは、新しいビングエレベーターです。デッキボードとのステップを組み合わせた鼻に微妙なテールロッカーで、心のバランスを解除するための最適noserides変更凹面を作成。一方、尾部にあるエレベーターの基板を容易に見つけることができますスイートスポットを安定化の鼻の場合は、ポケットにロックし、行をポンプすることができます。過去の多くのnoseridersとは異なり、エレベーターとその前方投影を簡単に尻尾をハード方向枢軸によって操縦されています。すべてのチームライダーに乗る者は、このボードは、苦しんでいるが、それは"最高のnoserider "と呼んでいる。急な波のように優秀、このボードのチップをたくさんの時間に焦点を合わせ、サーファーのための贅沢なツールです。

3. einsteinqrockefeller

einsteinqrockefeller New Member

Dec 23, 2005

don't you mean rick ufo

enchilladas wrote:

4. enchilladas

enchilladas New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    USA
    haha either way, its a good board

5. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Very interesting that there are characters for Bing and Nuuhiwa but not noserider. The Japanese language continues to baffle me.

Oh yeah nice board.

6. mattcalvani

mattcalvani New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    einsteinqrockefeller wrote:
    I'M SICK OF YOUR BULLS&*T. THEY'RE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BOARDS. YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET TO ME FOR YEARS AND YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. HOPE YOU FEEL ALL WARM INSIDE NOW. I WISH I COULD UNDERSTAND YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME, BUT YOU INSIST ON BEING AN ASS WHENEVER YOU GET THE CHANCE. YOU SEEM LIKE A BITTER MISERABLE PERSON.

7. kiwi

kiwi Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I like the look of the Bing "4-Speed" model........fast is good.

8. einsteinqrockefeller

Dec 23, 2005
    mattcalvani wrote:
    matt- can you explain how they are different boards? is the elevator a result of improvements made to ufos or it a new design concept. as for me having a problem with you, and being a miserable bitter person, all i can say is that anyone who knows me will tell you that i am a miserable bitter person on my best day. i don't have a problem with you. i think you have a great business carved out for yourself, i just don't fully buy into the theory that your brand is the best ever. -mike buck

9. mattcalvani

mattcalvani New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    einsteinqrockefeller wrote:
    Well I'm glad we can both agree on your constitution. As for the board, the influence came directly from the Bing Lightweight from the outline to the step deck. Never did I consider the UFO, not that it doesn't have good functional elements. I've shaped many UFOs and found it hard to accomplish a magic combination with that extreme dished out tail. The rest of the board was an influence from the DN Noserider which is where the concave and tail kick come in. I was trying to develop a lighter weight noserider that turned a little easier by reducing the swing weight while utilizing a smaller pivot fin. One of the major elements was pulling the tail kick to the last ten inches compared to the regular two foot plus long tail kick that reduces the glide. The theory was to use the leverage of the step in conjuction with the tail kick to increase noseriding lift. The step creates deck rocker which in turn give the leverage by increasing pressure on the tail and creating lift. I love the board, but there is nothing necessarily "new" about it, it's all just a combination of what's already out there, which goes to my next point that my boards are just another brand out there. I make no claims that my boards are the best out there. I ride and beileve in them, so I'm guilty of that much. I apologize for my anger, but sometimes I just don't get why you even bother posting on anything Bing-related.

10. einsteinqrockefeller

Dec 23, 2005
    credit where credit is due. seems like this board has theory behind it.