Beach House NJ Spring Boardswap - April 22nd (422)

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by njrider, Mar 2, 2018.

1. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
  2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Bump. Board swap in Bay Head. Made possible by njrider.

PeakMaster likes this.
  3. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    6'6" MR shaped Flying Fish - almost new

Curious on this. - and of course that 6'8 CB bonzer - Any pre-swap info? Thanks!

4. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    The Real Deal. The aforementioned Lucky Dog is having a swap, but charging 20% (& they write you a check) or shop credit for any sales.

5. glidewaves

glidewaves Member

Jul 9, 2007
    USA New Jersey,Maryland
    Love to see a few pics of that Kechele Big Fish.

6. swarmcells

swarmcells Member

Mar 8, 2016
    NJ
    Lame. Would it make you feel better if they called it a consignment sale? Facts are, they are doing it the way most shops run swaps in surf or in ski shops which also have "gear swaps". Brave does the same thing and doesn't even offer the cash option. Lucky Dog is my local spot to grab wax etc. and I have no issue with them trying to stay in biz. Running a shop is hard enough without grumpy nay-sayers like yourself.

The Beach House swap is an extraordinary surf event. Eric has created a incredible thing born from his extreme generosity and community minded approach. I've gotten incredible boards and I will always try to buy something from the shop to help support them for hosting. I can't make it this time (kid #2 is due 4/20) but I hope the guys that do make it try to do whatever they can to support the shop in addition to swapping boards on the sidewalk.

DKNJ and northbeachboy like this.
  7. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    To each their own. And Brave new World is NOT a surf shop. It is a clothing store that sells surf gear. Not even close.
    The Beach House is supported by Many throughout the year, not just at the swap. The goodwill from the swap is repaid 10 fold throughout the year, not just on the day of the swap.

CT Charlie, DKNJ and deemce like this.
  8. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ

I'm bringing a 7'0 Hap Jacobs egg, 7/10.

9. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I'm for sure brining my 10'2" Andreini pig with the flow through fin as well as 9'7" McCallum Nugget Chaser. There will absolutely be more, but I don't remember what all I own right now, so will post more later.

10. Lackosense

Lackosense Active Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY