Bali or bust!

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by dingdong, Mar 22, 2018.

1. applekat

applekat Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    whoa whoa whoa...wait.

Dingdong's name is Vinny?

And here i was this whole time pegging him for a Leonard....or a Douglas....even a possible Horatio (depending on his parent's sense of humor)

who knew.

Good luck, V.

dingdong likes this.
  2. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Well J, it might have been Leonard, Douglas or even Horatio in his past life but it's Vinny now. Just a great guy in or out of the water. :p

dingdong and deemce like this.
  3. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    8 days will go quickly!

Personally, I would find a nice place in Padang2 and use that as a base to scoot to the surf (Uluwatu, Bingin, Impossibles etc.) in the morning and to get to other spots later for the family - Waterbom Park, Uluwatu temple/Kecak dance.

Balangan is a nice place to hang for day, good wave, if not perfect, but beautiful and relatively unspoiled.

It's hard not to have a good time, but don't feel compelled to pack too much in...

dingdong and Ticowannabe like this.
  4. Planktom

Planktom Active Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Devon, UK
    Oh yeah, there's a nice little Friday night fish fry down on Padang2 beach.. Mellow earlier in the evening but a bit of a rave later on, just a warning!

Ticowannabe likes this.
  5. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    i stayed here for 2 weeks about 8 years ago, you cant get any closer to ulu unless they still have the shacks on the path below ...spent 1 more week in nusa dua but always wanted to be back here via taxi ....then a week in Seminyak dreaming of down south

http://www.bluepointbayvillas.com/

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    dingdong likes this.
  6. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, we were already planning on the monkey forest, fire dance thing, and yes Tico...we were gonna do the zoo/safari/elephant ride!!! lol....just checked weather forecast and its eight days of thunderstorms!!! WTF!!!

7. KonaKat

KonaKat Member

Apr 19, 2005
    USA Hawaii
    Water park in kuta is insane...my son had a blast...there's also one at dreamland if it is still open.

Canngu is a cool seen with nice restaurants and cafes. Old mans is great long board wave with good selection of in expensive long boards. Walking distance to some fun brash breaks keramas....ect. Plenty of spas and shopping for da miss and kiddos.

Ubud is a must get there early as it is a tour bus destination and markets fill up fast...crowded. Remember bartering is part of buying goods....just don't be greedy. We did a river raft withe the FAM in ubud...while not challenging it was so beautiful and the kids loved it

So much. More pm me for more questions advice or if you need a driver. People are the nicest in the world, but there are scams\ripoffs everywhere. But common sense goes a long way especially in kuta. Change your money while leaving airport not best exchange rate,but honest transaction. Use hotel or arms too. No street money changers.

Be careful on scooters too the place is chaos on scooters honking horn is just a heads up they are passing or in your blind spot not a sign of aggression.

Most of all have fun my friend and soak it all in. What an amazing adventure.!!!!!

PS upgrade to business class if can, flight is rather long and 1st day is difficult withe the jetlag and time difference. Plan something easy 1st day.

Sorry for grammar and punctuation, I suffer from fat finger on da phone syndrome.

Have a great time!!!!!

dingdong and Planktom like this.
  8. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    kids had a great time in Bali, but they mostly enjoyed the villa and the pool, we surfed Serangan (turtle island) twice, keramas twice and cangu (old man's) once, keramas was by far the best wave, first session was slightly overhead and barreling, a bit above my skill level, was mostly humbled that day, second session was smaller, maybe chest high on the sets, and was alot of fun, cangu was like San O, water was warm of course, but I was really saddened by all the trash, on the streets, and in the water...it was good to go once to experience it, but I much prefer Hawaii, here's a few kooky pics :D, thanks again everyone for all the great recommendations
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    You were ripping in those pics Vinny!

dingdong likes this.
  10. deemce

deemce Well-Known Member