Aviso - WTB

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by changeissimple, Apr 16, 2019.

1. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    This might not be the forum for this type of board but I am throwing it out there to the surf universe to manifest my board dreams. Aviso's used to be a hot item, pricey, but worth it for their longevity. I first rode a demo back in 2007 and it felt great. A buddy I surf with has two, both are a bit too big for me but they feel lively and smooth. He has had one of his for about 12 years. Aviso Surfboards has long been out of business because it was the techy thing before techy surfboards were cool.
    I am in the market for a 5'1-5'7" Aviso. The dream machine would be a Lost Round Nose Fish 5'5". - this is the board:: http://www.avisosurf.com/lost5-5f.html
    They still have their website up. Anything in the first row of boards on this page I would be interested in. If you or anyone you know has one of these let me know. http://www.avisosurf.com/Boards.html

2. kclibman

kclibman Well-Known Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
  3. MDM

MDM Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    USA New Hampshire
    You just missed a couple up in Maine that went fairly cheap

4. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I let that one go to my buddy Jamie. It was too big for me. But that was a find!! It is a great board, he is loving it.

5. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
  6. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    "I am throwing it out there to the surf universe to manifest my board dreams."

This is definitely the place for this.
    Sending Energy into this for you.

7. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Thank you Keith!
    Ive heard good things about the Libtech stuff too. I'm just looking for a board with longevity. I fall in love with boards and then they fall apart. I love the feel of my poly boards. I have the Mandalas, christensons, Tudors, etc. all with good glass jobs but they all break down.

8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Oh man, I was going to suggest the Libtech route but I didn't want to interfere with the Aviso dream...
    They are actually really killer boards - F'ing indestructible too - one thing at a time but they are a really solid backup man.
    RealWatersports is stocked!

9. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

10. changeissimple

changeissimple Member

Dec 18, 2014
    I rode @MDM CJ carbon log. It was fun. I think he sold it. Not looking for the log at the moment. Anyone ever have a Mandala in carbon for a while? Do they hold us. Justin Tiernes glasses Manny's carbon boards and they are also a dream. That would be killer to find a twinny in one of those.

MDM likes this.