Austin Surfboards Swap Meet and Moving Sale

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by austin s, Aug 5, 2015.

1. austin s

austin s New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    USA Virginia
    We have always been fortunate to have a loyal customer base. Our customers turn out to be lifetime friends. The demand for custom boards has gone through the roof. In order to keep up with demand and to maintain our quality standards we have decided to build a new combination Surf Shop and Factory. This will allow me to be in one location and work more efficiently to meet the current demand. Here are a few of the particulars:

- New shop/factory will be in Chesapeake
    - Building should be finished February 2016
    - No NEW orders or ding repair will be accepted until then.
    - All current orders and ding repair will be completed as promised.
    -The last day the Surf Shop will be open is Saturday August 29th.
    - We will be having a Board Swap on Saturday August 22nd. (see event)

We are excited about this next step in our growth. We look forward to having you see the new facility in 2016. We want to thank everyone for the support you have shown us through the years. This has never been just a business to me it has been a family enterprise that also has included you.
    Make sure you swing by and see us before the 29th! Please feel free to share this with your friends.
    With Appreciation,
    Austin

Board Swap Details:

In order to move to the New Austin Facility we have to clean out the current inventory. We will be having a Huge Sale and Board Swap on August 22nd from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm. Everything will be on sale!
    - Boards
    - Soft Goods
    - Apparel

Board Swap Notice:
    - Bring boards and/or supplies you want to sell or trade.
    - Bring blankets or some way to display your items.
    - NO commission will be taken on anything sold by individuals.
    - The owner is responsible for their own items.
    - Try to set up before 10 am and parking will be extremely limited.
    - Austin Surf Shop accepts NO responsibility for items sold, damaged, or misrepresented.

2. mgarbutt

mgarbutt Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    USA Delaware
    Stoked for you brother! Looking forward to seeing your new shop!

3. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Nice! Congratulations! I am going to try and make the trip up!

4. Miles

Miles Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    Congrats on the expansion, Austin! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

5. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Bringing 10-2 Austin blunt nose10-0 Austin soulglide9-8 Austin soulglide9-4 Austin custom perfomance 8-6 Austin bonzer/figjam 1967 weber superscoop 5-10 tuflite rawson fish10-6 Hawaii nose rider10-0 g&sBen Apia stinga Hobie corky deadly flying glove (rough)Keoki 60's pop outTim Nolte 80's shortboard Victoria skimboardWetsuitsPossibly the 10-6 RC skipper/ glider Few board bagsMaybe a Austin 10-0 comanche

6. SJ_hodad

SJ_hodad Member

Mar 30, 2010
    USA New Jersey
    Great news Austin,
    Awesome you're setting up in a new location

See all you jam boarders there

if any one needs boards moved between South Jersey/Philly and VA beach let me know. I'll have plenty of room in my truck.

7. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    That's good news Austin. Wish I could make it to the swap, but doesn't look like I can break free.

SJ_hodad - I have to check with Austin first, but might have a thing or two that might be ready to come north.

8. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    Ok people listen up. I want a hansen 50-50. 9-10 and up. Want a rider. Who is ready to have cash in a pocket? Carolina to Jersey? Work trades or cash. Beat to hell is fine. Will reward the board train help. Don't both scraping the wax off, leave the dust on it. Just pass it along.

9. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

Good luck with the big sale (and the capital influx from it) and the new digs for you, Austin. Especially sweet to have the shop next door to the factory.

Cheers,

Eric

10. pintail

pintail Active Member

Feb 19, 2004
    LA, California
    Sounds good, Austin, happy for your success. I remember when you started, doing repairs and making boards at your home. You've come a long way since then due to quality craftsmanship and artistry.