anyone skating anywhere?

Discussion in 'Skate' started by piranha, Mar 24, 2004.

1. piranha

piranha New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    USA Hawaii
    hello out there....
    there's plenty of towns not near any water where there's not a wave to be found.....we ride concrete waves.....where are the longboarders?

2. JN

JN New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    I skate a gravity 72" in NJ for trasportation to the beach and carving around town.

3. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Delaware
    wow, i didn't know gravity made a 72" longboard. is that a custom? would love to see it. you got a picture?

4. JN

JN New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Must have been spacing, it isnt 6' !!!!!!!! Its a 47" that I have been riding for five or six years. Where and what do you ride?

5. piranha

piranha New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    USA Hawaii
    alright! some action in the skate department instead of the surf department. Yea the gravity longboards are nice stuff. Much more soulful than Sector Nine I think. The only super longboards in the vicinity of 72" I've seen are the Jam models on this website. I think most people looking at this section of the bulletin board probably skate at least a few times a week.
    Am I right?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

sector nine is boring.....
    gravity rocks.....
    jam rules.....

7. Rastro

Rastro New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA California
    Orange County, CA. Chiming in.

I don't buy commerical decks but I'm not really into lighter weight boards. Here's a vlam I made for strictly cruising.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

8. skeeter

skeeter New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    USA Delaware
    nice lookin' deck.

9. JN

JN New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Sweet board... Does it have any flex? Any problems with your boads breaking?

10. Rastro

Rastro New Member

Feb 16, 2004
    USA California
    No problem with excessive flex. I'm 175 and my buddy is over 200 with no detrimental flex. I made it thick (.75 in) so that it would stay fairly flat and stable. For a cruise deck meant for cross stepping I did not want any flex. Also the v-lam construction is suppose to reduce the amount of bend. Something about the alternating materials, grain direction and gluelines is suppose to be stiffer that a homogeneous material. Weight is not much of a problem with a cruiser so you can make it thicker.