Any word from anyone in Puerto Rico?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by WhiteRussian, Sep 27, 2017.

1. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Active Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    Just bit worry about friends on the island. Does anyone know anything beyond what mass media say? Cannot get in touch with an older couple living in coffee mountains.

Thanks

balance_fit likes this.
  2. balance_fit

balance_fit New Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Hi, have you been able to contact your friends in PR? Everything has been slowly recovering, even water quality for surfing.
    JD

3. WhiteRussian

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    Yes, they wrote us last week. They said they are Ok, their diesel generator survived and they try to process whatever left from this year's coffee harvest. They are in Adjuntas.

balance_fit likes this.
  4. balance_fit

balance_fit New Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Glad to know they're fine. Hope they can process the surviving coffee and store it. Just love our coffee.

WhiteRussian likes this.
  5. WhiteRussian

Oct 16, 2007
    Boston Harbor
    Thank you for reaching out. Hopefully, PR will recover quickly and gets even better.

balance_fit likes this.
  6. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    Talking to a buddy who just picked up his board. Their friends who live in San Juan just got electricity back yesterday.

balance_fit likes this.
  7. PeakMaster

PeakMaster Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    One of the guys that works for me just got back. Spent about 5 days there helping fix his mother-in-laws house. New corrugated roof, tons of branches and debris. No power beyond generators or in his case an inverter. He was in Caguas. He showed me pics of San Juan and Arecibo...progress, slow but steady. And supplies coming in routinely...Home Depot, Walmart getting restocked. That's all I know.

balance_fit likes this.
  8. Left Coast 46

Left Coast 46 Active Member

Apr 30, 2015
    So Cal
    I'm heading down next month. Be there for a week or so. Have to fix the place up. Ordered the new windows at home depot and I'm going to put a new roof on. Let's see how much I can get done in a week. The power is on in Camuy.!!

9. balance_fit

balance_fit New Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Puerto Rico
    Looking forward to PR getting better and more hurricane-resilient. Still without power in Carolina.
    But, we've got used to living simple. That's one of the lessons. Glad to see that others are rebuilding and some already have power.
    Communities have got together and helped each other. Outside help has also been a factor in recovery.
    Just hope to have sea water clear up...

10. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Talked to a friend who lives in Rincon. Not so good in there. He says no water/ electricity till Jan/Feb. Season is a goner. Himself and others will not even try to open their hotels/ B&B for a long time. Sad.

balance_fit likes this.