Any 7ft egg suggestion?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by puravida, Aug 20, 2008.

1. puravida

puravida New Member

May 9, 2005
    After years of riding nothing but longboards. I rode a 7ft foot egg in beach chop yesterday and loved the ability of being able to perform quick turns on the face of the wave once again.

Almost forgot what it felt like to be able to make quick turns, since I have not really ridden a shorter board since the early 80s.

would like opinions on a 7ft egg and who makes the best eggs at this range.

Thanks

2. SuperKool

SuperKool New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    USA California
    Tudor makes great eggs. Call Mitch's in SD. Dano's are ok too (but if you custom order it will take FOREVER!).

3. SuperKool

SuperKool New Member

Feb 26, 2008
    USA California
  4. twizzly

twizzly Member

Dec 22, 2006
    you may want to look into Greg Griffin's rocket and egg templates (http://www.griffinsurfboards.com/)

his boards are receiving some real fandom over on "that other site" and a few pals of mine have been raving about them.

he tends to get them to the mainland within 4-6 weeks and they're not back breaking prices either.

give us a review either way and good luck with the search!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. matteogeer

matteogeer New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Twiz,

The "other site" -- do you mean Swaylocks?

6. surforexic

surforexic New Member

May 12, 2008
    Trinidad and Tobago
    IMO

the griff and pavel dont look all that eggy and neither does the frye. griffin and frye do make eggs. i havent seen a pavel egg? but he probably does make one

DT makes a great egg = flo model id look for one of those used

id also throw in Jim Phillips and Hank Byzak for great egg shapes

7. gaucho

gaucho New Member

Mar 3, 2004
    USA Florida
    Harbour Spherical Revolver is another good one to check out. I have a singlefin version and love it. Works great from about waist high to well OH hurricane surf. I have several snglefin eggs and this is the one I always seem to grab.

8. surfore

surfore Active Member

Mar 2, 2004
    USA California
    matteogeer wrote:
    He's gotta mean Surfer Mag.

Greg is a real nice guy who's been knocking out stellar stuff for a long time. He's been, in my opinion, the most influential designer at T&C in the last 20 years. Besides his shapes he's a fin master and has long been experimenting with his own fin designs and combos for all his boards. There is an opinion that his boards are over-finned for CA surf but all you have to do is hear from folks who ride his stuff and they'll say differently.