Another Surfer Is Born

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by FirstPointEric, Mar 21, 2016.

1. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

This past weekend, we went to a beautiful peninsula called Buzios. We happened to be right near the same beach where my daughter learned to surf a couple years ago. On Saturday, my almost 7 year old son decided he was ready to give it a go.
    He got up on his first wave and after a half hour lesson, was hooked. He wanted to go for another half hour so I rented him a board and took him back out at the spot where he'd just finished his lesson. Dude probably got 12 rides in an hour, fell off, laughing his head off and was just plain stoked.
    :)

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

Awesome to hear and see FPE - has to be an awesome feeling to see it all click - Can tell you are 1 stoked and proud Papa!!! Cool!

3. NoseRideTheWhip

NoseRideTheWhip Active Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Sandstone Retreat, CA
  4. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    There's no choice but to be stoked when you have FPE for a dad! Looks like a big wave charger to me.

5. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Great stuff E, another life long connection for you two

6. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Awesome! Love seeing this. He's got no idea what a lifelong obsession that he just got into. Congrats, man.

7. Stringer

Stringer Active Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Yew, awesome! Proud indeed.

8. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Dude, Yes! :dude: Genuinely stoked for you and your boy. Can't imagine how tired you must be after having your Heart explode over and over again for a couple hours. Right on brother. Right. On.

Om

9. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Great story Eric. Anxiously awaiting the warmer weather here in NJ so my daughter can take some lessons. She has been asking me all winter. can't wait. My son may be a little longer. But I never wanted to pressure them. When they are ready then I will encourage whatever they want to do.

10. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    PNW
    Right on Eric. Keep the love of the ocean in the family!