Andreini Stoke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by scnate, Jan 24, 2013.

1. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    Don't know how glider-y one can classify the Serena Pin as but I have a 9'4" and I'm always shocked as to how hard I can whip that thing around off the back foot. It also responds to slight stance and position changes like nothing else - I'd like to step down in size but I do dig the "long hull" thing.

BrazilButtNut and DKNJ like this.
  2. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to infer that the glider & the Vaquero were the same kind of ride. Just that the guy who I switched with has a similar taste in boards ( he eventually bought the glider a year later & I was too slow to pull the trigger & missed buying the Vaquero) Different kind of rides, same kind of riders!

3. kclibman

kclibman Active Member

May 23, 2018
    L.A. County
    For sure! Definitely feel like the glider is an "in" kind of board to ride, and when I got the Serena Pin, the seller described it as such. It's interesting how versatile that shape has been for me in a number of wave types - I am definitely curious as to how a longer Vaquero rides as the only one I've had was a 7'6" and I just couldn't click with it.

BrazilButtNut and DKNJ like this.
  4. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ
    Definitely a project worth pursuing. You don't see a lot of them for sale for a reason. All the guys that I know that have them, ride them & love them. Marc is a super nice guy, give him a call.

5. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Quick insert from someone who has had a shorter Vaquero at 6'9? It ripped. Killer all around daily driver in a wide variety of conditions and handled some real heat smooth and easy.
    It did have a squared off MP arc tail being a cuda custom, and I never rode it in high energy barreling beach break that you cats in NJ have on tap regularly (I would have :cool:), but don't think that's what's being discussed here anyhow.
    I've seen Vaq's here in the 7' ish range slay point breaks of any swell period and size with ease.
    Very floaty killer paddling boards with forgiving stable platform.
    Don't be afraid to size down from 8+'s and gain some more pocket/rail to rail dancing steps.
    my .02

goofyDuda and kclibman like this.
  6. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Stooooked. McVees. Mine is the greenish 8'4 and the 9'4 goes to Mizrachi.

IMG_4450.JPG

DKNJ, cuda, shadydave and 4 others like this.
  7. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken New Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Kentucky
    Nice! I have a 9'3 on order.. Can't wait

sightpoint likes this.
  8. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Ride reports, please.

9. sightpoint

sightpoint Active Member

Jan 28, 2014
    2' and onshore
    Will do. Hoping to get it wet this weekend.

I can tell you that mine feels exactly how I hoped it would... mellow V ahead of the fin, foiled but not bladey, really beautifully blended contours on the bottom, etc. Marc's boards, in my experience, just feel like they have years of experience in them. I got this as a turny log alternative and it seems to fit the bill so far.

Thunder Chicken likes this.
  10. xyzzy

xyzzy Active Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Encinitas, CA
    Got a 6'2 MP Edge on order.

kclibman and Thunder Chicken like this.