Andreini Stoke

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by scnate, Jan 24, 2013.

1. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Noticed my order's coming with the 9" PHD as opposed to the usual A-flex. Anyone got an opinion on that?

...just pondering the minutia while my board makes it's way up the queue

Stoked

DKNJ likes this.
  2. R1H

R1H Member

Sep 7, 2017
    N. LA County
    Interesting! My Sam is supposed to be coming with a 4A which surprised me as I was thinking it would be an A-flex. I have wanted to try a PHD so this feedback will be good.

Congrats on the new bd. Now....patience.

michael likes this.
  3. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Thanks! Same to you.... Interesting tho, my ticket was originally a special K, but we switched it to a vaquero before the dp was made. Lots of white out applied, but the fin remained the same. Hmm

Patience definitely required... I’m sure it doesn’t help that I’ve tweaked my color scheme one and a half times.

4. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
  5. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    borrowed a friend's 7'10 vaquero. an instant click! silky smooth ride.... stoked for mine in oct/nov!

6. jbb

jbb Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    First Andreini experience: borrowed a friend's 8.0 Vaquero on Costa Rica surf trip. Also, an instant click. The needle remains in the vein ~8 yrs later

sonOsea and michael like this.
  7. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Have the 8’8 on order, already thinking of a second one around the 7’6 mark. Uh oh

JBorbone and Planktom like this.
  8. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ
    I had another shaper make me a K model & at 8'6 it handled our NJ September swells easily. Still need to get it into some overhead winter swell.

JMJackFish and JBorbone like this.
  9. michael

michael Active Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    really good to know.

hoping the 8'8 vaquero can handle the same. my idea to go from the K to the vaq was to shift to a true all-arounder board, since the swells change and die / perk up out of nowhere here... and i tend to be a one board at a time guy.

DKNJ likes this.
  10. DKNJ

DKNJ Active Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Ocean, NJ
    A couple years back, I traded my 8'2 glider for a same size Vaquero for a couple of months. The Vaquero is such a fun board to ride & does turn off the tail much better than that popular board that the hipsters all seem to love. It convinced me to go to a full hull & I haven't looked back.

sightpoint, michael and JMJackFish like this.