Andreini Power Blade...?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Surfnfish, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

discuss?
    [​IMG]

2. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
    Fantastic marketing! Text book.

applekat likes this.
  3. Freddibetts

Freddibetts Active Member

May 7, 2015
    USA New York
    saw that @Stringer has been using one - maybe we can get some input when the waves mellow out

4. Veterano

Veterano Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    LOL. yeah, says right there that you have to have an Edge board to feel this magical "power".
    But color me curious because, well, you know why. I've tried those fins (not the new "improved" version but the old ones Chuck made) and they did not click w/ me.
    BUT ...... I did not have it in an Edge!!!!!!

5. Surfnfish

"a conventional single fin uses flat tail rocker to..." best nose riders have hella tail kick

"designed to twist from side to side"...so gotta rock that mad Chubby Checker style...perhaps matched with some hand flapping as well for maximum aesthetics?

no doubt, however, someone will ride it and rave about it..and others will try it and go..huh?

and just as it should be, cause one of the best things about surfing is how wonderfully f'n subjective it is

6. kroo

kroo Active Member

Nov 17, 2004
    I find it hard to believe a single fin will ever be able to have the same performance characteristics as a well designed and placed thruster set up. And if you need some kool-aid edge board for that comparison to be viable then I’ll just stick to thrusters and occasionally 2+1 when I want to get the most performance out of my boards

Surfnfish likes this.
  7. davey

davey Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Australia
    I'll just stick to my single fin Dead Kooks stubby, that's performance enough for me!!

8. Bruce Fowler

Bruce Fowler Active Member

Jul 28, 2018
    California
    Well....... NO you don't have to have an "edge" board to feel the magic, be a hero instead of a zero, or anything else like that. Yes, it's marketing with Greenough kool aid flavoring..... which, in this day & age is going great guns and now more popular than ever!

For us native Santa Barbarians, most of us that still have long time memory, we remember that George's first Spoons were built at Eichert's early day shop. I have always given "Ike" a huge nod in his design ability & shaping chops..... a little known fact that he shaped the bulk of 60's Yater Spoons while Renny was out lobster fishing.

The V cut fin was simplistic, yet brilliant in reducing area from the prevalent "D" high area fins. Ike also devloped MANY other designs advancements in the area of motorcycle gas tanks, seats, fenders and even holds a patent on marine coatings for boats which he also moved to Alaska for years to build boats up there.

As far as the "edge" comment.... quite a few of my guys have experimented with the Greenough Stage VI after using the Stage IV-A as my standard issue on my "V8" updated homage to Midget & McT's old school V Bottoms. The increased tip area of the 6 versus the 4A delivers quite a different ride...... both good, both very different from one another.

As Shakespeare once said "Nothing is good nor bad, thinking merely makes it so". View attachment 8263 View attachment 8263 V8GarbageCan.jpg V8 Nose:Tail.jpg G6 w:keel:sidebites.jpg M:MAX fin closeup.jpg Tracht.closeup.jpg Tracht.CloseupCarve.jpg IKE.jpg

Attached Files:

Thunder Chicken and Surfnfish like this.
  9. Surfnfish

was that just prior to George teaming up with Cundith on Wilderness Surfboards....?