Alex knost quiver

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by worm, Mar 7, 2007.

1. g-coast

g-coast New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Pier rats eh? Reminds me of Katrina when that night I walked up to the beach and over to the jetty with a bottle of white zin and a pack of hacks. The Gulf was way up and it was tuff walking the beach with the waves going up to the dune line. Anyway as I got up to the jetty there was a crowd standing around checking out all the rats fleeing off the jetty to get to higher ground,,,,you know because of the inevitable storm surge. Oh and to keep on the subject Alex Knost was not there:(. Also reminds me of Hurricane Claudette,,,,I was standing on the jetty with some other surfers checking out the boiling Gulf. It was daylight when someone pointed down to our feet to check out all the jetty roaches pouring off the jetty. It was quite a site. Oh yeah Alex Knost wasn't there either:(

2. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006

aslbuck wrote:
    the first time i saw cj walk backwards to the nose,hang heels and then kick his foot backwards to the direction he was moving ,i new he was in a class all his own.

guys like beckett,parker,tudor,tyler hatzikian,dane peterson are just a bit more minimalist. thats not a bad thing. who is to say a walk backwards to the nose is more skilled than a reeeeealy long ten.

3. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    unforgiven wrote:
    opinions are opinions, and i respect everyone's right to give theirs, but to call oliver parker's surfing minimalist tells me you've never seen him surf, or have seldomly seen him surf. anyone who has watched him surf a lot knows what i mean. all that aside, cj is a very talented surfer, i've surfed countless heats against him in contests and the few i've beaten him in i always feel like there was a judging mistake.

4. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    g-unit wrote:
    i noticed...

...that your fly is down.

5. unforgiven

unforgiven Member

May 10, 2006
    "seldomly seen him surf" very true. i have seen him surf but not alot.

6. alex_knost

alex_knost New Member

Mar 9, 2007
  7. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    watching oliver surf is like watching a car accident waiting to happen. he's never content with simply hanging five or ten, often surfs 80% of his waves switch foot, flawlessly at that, so much most people don't know he's a goofy foot naturally. he often tries to pull of so much crap on a wave, most of it subtle stuff with his feet and positioning that anything can happen. there is a great wave of his in "multiple personalities", he's maybe 17 or so, anyway it in a malibu contest wave starts with a goofy five, goes to ten, switch five, ten, five with a foot drag in the face, back to ten, heels, five, ten to a sand kick out way inside. an unreal piece of foot work, but totally wasted on the contest judges who couldn't possibly be able to follow it all. one year he and cj surfed head to head in the us national noseride contest at malibu, it was unreal to watch, cj killed, oli killed it, in the end oliver won it, cj, painted nails and all, came in a close second.

8. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    Watching me surf is kind of like watching a bag of jello being dropped off a ten story building. No one knows how that jello got there or why someone would throw it off a building!

9. rapier_96

rapier_96 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Sometimes I think that some of these guys like Alex learn from guys like me.......

I'm sure I've pulled off some of those moves, if only for a split second before falling on my board and getting the wind knocked out of me. :p

10. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Mantooth wrote:
    I noticed...

...that you're staring at g-unit's p-unit.