Age of Summer?

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Clomics, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Clomics

Clomics Active Member

Nov 5, 2012

Doesn't look like Point Break, but anything has to be better than Tribes of Palos Verdes.

b_k_allday likes this.
  2. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    A rad chrome BMX, a dream chick that he feels is way out of his league, Surfing, and the quote- "The board is mine until the Universe reveals itself to me."
    I'm pretty much sold man.
    Thanks

b_k_allday, Surfnfish and Clomics like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Active Member

Dec 2, 2014
    France
    Man... I remember lusting after a Redline frame/forks when I was in 6th grade. Went into the Bike Shop every week or so and stared. Ended up with a Procraft that was sweet to build up from, wish I still had it. Thanks for the flashback and sorry for the partial hijack.

b_k_allday and JMJackFish like this.
  4. dingdong

dingdong Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    USA California
    hmmm...does hermosa really break like that?

5. Gallery

Gallery Member

Jul 3, 2018
    New Jersey
    Actually looks really good, except for the narrators voice, which is giving me creepy Wonder Years flashbacks.

6. kpd73

kpd73 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Dude! Look at that front chainwheel! Yes. Back when you needed Power to pedal.
    I had a chromed out Mongoose with blue and white checker board pads that was so so so so Killer. It was in my top 3 freakout Christmas presents growing up from my Dad. (Atari #1) Andrew Pine pedaled up to the dirt jump all proud on his new Supergoose and before anyone could even draw a breath of admiration, John Ripa came Flying in to the pack, hard 180 skid dust clouded the entire crew, and when it settled he was astride a brand new Redline.
    No one else had one and this kid who did Somehow was also the absolute Bane of a one mile radius to child, parent and property in equal measure.
    Bender from Breakfast Club but actually tough. Coffin nail tough.
    Sickest rig ever though.
    Dick.
    Greatest time in the world to be a kid- 70's/80's - yeah, I said it.
    These kids today will never know how good they'll never have it.
    Enjoy your helmets.

7. Dope! South Bay. Torrance. Burnout beach! My wife grew up there and will dig this.

8. miscreant

miscreant Well-Known Member

May 20, 2016
  9. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    was also a pretty great time to be a surfer...

bikes give kids their first taste of freedom, to go anywhere, enlarge their world from blocks to miles..

the home I raised our kids in was a half mile from the Pillar Point harbor breakwater, just north of Half Moon Bay, which has a good learners wave where the breakwater wall meets the beach at Hwy #1...when my son was 12 and suddenly became consumed by surfing, used a conduit bender to bend some 1/2" aluminum conduit into a lightweight board rack that I bolted to the frame of his Stingray so he could blaze over to the surf and back with his board...came home from work one afternoon to find him waiting for me in the driveway with his best surfing buddy standing there with his own bike..."uh, Dad, think you could make Matt a board rack like mine?...lol