A skate board that resembles surfing.

Discussion in 'Skate' started by MarinedudeJoe, Jul 5, 2008.

1. log donkey

log donkey Member

Sep 8, 2004
    USA California
    marinedude

http://www.longboard.net/complete.htm

i this forum used to link to longboard.net when you clicked on the yellow/black JAM logo but they had some problems with the forum server i think and made some changes

2. longboardmaster

longboardmaster Administrator Staff Member

Feb 14, 2004
    If you click on the "Home" button (top, right) it will take you to longboard.net

3. nyclongboarder

nyclongboarder New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    USA California
    A thousand recommendations for the Barfoot skates... super surfy with the rocker and the Revenge trucks. They've helped my surfing exponentially....

4. fingers1

fingers1 New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    USA
  5. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    I know they are expensive...but has anyone ever tried the hamboards?

6'6 Model is FUN!

Skip the land paddle though, if you can't get this thing going you shouldn't be skating.

6. finnappy

finnappy Member

Aug 18, 2011
    USA New Jersey
    Bighouse wrote:
    I have to agree. I have a Hamboard and it is the greatest thing I have ever bought! It carves better than any other board I have, and is endless fun when the waves go flat.

7. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    I have two Hamboards. A Bamboo Classic and a Pescadito. The Classic is great for working on your cross stepping and as questioned before, the wheels are big enough that you won't eat it if you hit a pebble. I normally ride mine barefoot unless I'm in a rough parking lot. I didn't like the Pescadito the first time I rode it, but I love it now. It's great for pumping. They are very expensive, but watch craigslist. I bought the classic for $250 brand new off of Craigslist and got my Pescadito from a guy I surfed a contest with for $100. I love them. At retail, I would not have bought them though. I think the ones from this site look pretty nice and a good deal.

8. OCSURFER32

OCSURFER32 Member

Feb 15, 2004
    I have the 6'8" Hamboard and agree its a x steppin machine. Also got mine used with broken trucks. Got the new trucks and i have $150 wrapped up in it !!! Deal for sure