8' boards

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by cuda, May 23, 2013.

1. Jonesy17

Jonesy17 Member

Jun 19, 2006
  2. drumwell

drumwell New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Friend of mine hipped me to the magic of the DT Flo Egg a couple of years ago on the West Coast. Been looking for one used for the past couple of years, and last month finally scored this one in "used but not abused" condition for a great deal on CL.
    Rode it today in NY in kind of lumpy high tide waist-shoulder wedges and had an absolute blast.
    [​IMG]

3. SMUKES

SMUKES Active Member

Jun 23, 2009
    USA California
    that's what I based the Wombat from jim on. neato.

4. Finward

Finward Active Member

Jan 16, 2012
    USA
    With a AUD at .71 right now and $250 shipping to the us I think I may order one of these

5. Mcrockett77

Mcrockett77 Member

Jul 24, 2013
    New ec freeride, surfed it for the first time and I love it!

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Mcrockett77 wrote:
    Are those 'slots' just above the patch on the bottom? What is the concept/deal with that? No sarcasm, just want to know what the design is supposed achieve.

7. Mcrockett77

Mcrockett77 Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Not slots, there is some subtle Spiral V in the tail that the color stuck to, not sure what it's supposed to do, but I do know that it feels good :)

8. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Devils Lake, Oregon Coast
    photo looks like a channel concave. Had a 7'8 board shaped for Sunset and OB with that bottom that worked really well. The concave straightens out the rocker, creating a speed box under your foot, while maintaining the rail rocker.Spiral V spitting double concave does much the same, however makes it easier to roll the board into turns thanks to the V, and does better in choppy conditions as well, my personal fav.

9. Makawaosurfer93

Makawaosurfer93 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2007
    USA New Jersey
    Surfnfish wrote:
    Not a knowledgeable person with regard to bottom contours, so what is a spiral V (Spitting concave)? And let me know if there is someplace I might be able to look up the concept and have it explained.
    Although surfnfish, your explanation of how and under what conditions the board works is helpful.