7'8" mid-length hull - $500

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by JBorbone, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JBorbone

JBorbone Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    One of my handshapes, 9.5/10 condition.

Outline clearly draws inspiration from the McVee, but it sports a much more east-coast friendly rocker. Edges through the tail and side-bites make putting the board on rail a bit easier given the added bite from the side-bites and the feeling of a narrower profile from the edges.

Volan+Volan+6oz deck
    Volan+Volan belly
    glassed to last.

I've been riding this all summer and absolutely love it but I want to shape myself one as a 7'0" instead of a 7'8" (I'm only 5'5" and 130lbs so the 7'0" will be a bit more rippable for me).

image1[5].jpeg
    image3[3].jpeg image4[2].jpeg image2[5].jpeg image5[2].jpeg image6[1].jpeg

pefa, 306Bing, Fagro and 1 other person like this.
  2. michael

michael Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    NJ
    Dude that's beautiful. Love those little glass-on nubbins! If this doesn't FLY out the door I'd love to give it a try.

JBorbone likes this.
  3. JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    If it doesn't sell by Thursday evening I'll leave it with you for Friday and Saturday!

michael likes this.
  4. Salinity

Salinity Active Member

May 11, 2016
    USA Rhode Island
    Wow man - what a sick looking board. Soooo tempting. What sort of conditions / waves did you ride it in and what types of conditions did it like best?

JBorbone likes this.
  5. ekim

ekim Active Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Very nice.

JBorbone likes this.
  6. JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    Thanks man!

I mostly rode it in waist high gutless windswell since that's all we've had this summer, but I also got it out on a head high punchy day (two Fridays ago) and a belly high glassy day (every morning last week). Unsurprisingly it liked the belly high and glassy day the most given the ability to feel the edge at play on an open face. Also, the wide tail keeps the outline nice and straight meaning less rail was dragging in the wall so you could really feel the effortless trim. Given the fact that it's still a hull at heart and not a Tracker style mid-length, steep pitching waves proved to be challenging for the relatively low rocker and the wide tail was tough to keep planted in the pocket.

Might also just be my opinion since I'm a smaller dude, but the weight of the heavy glass job also feels very nice in waves chest high and under because it seems to help carry momentum around sections opposed to being detrimental in more critical conditions (harder to maneuver).

DJR and Salinity like this.
  7. JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
  8. flyer17

flyer17 New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    USA New York
    I have seen this incredible ride up close. Absolutely brilliant!!!!!

JBorbone likes this.
  9. JBorbone

Oct 18, 2017
    Belmar, NJ
    some additional pictures of the board:

3_doubleboard.jpg IMG_1998-dark_edit.jpg IMG_1987-dark_edit.jpg IMG_2000-dark_edit.jpg IMG_2002-dark_edit.jpg

DJR and michael like this.
  10. sonOsea

sonOsea Active Member

Apr 6, 2010
    USA
    I would hit that if it were on the west coast. Nice work man.

JBorbone likes this.