2nd Annual JerseyLoggers Log Jam '07

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by Mantooth, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    This year we will be holding the Log Jam on May 12th, with a no wave date of May 19th. The contest will be at 7th Ave in Seaside Park, NJ.

more info to follow soon...

2. enchilladas

enchilladas New Member

Feb 25, 2006
    USA
  3. T-Bone

T-Bone Active Member

OK, so it's time to form "Team JAM" once again. Last year we only had three members, so we've got to try to make a full 6 man team. The original members were:

1) grush

2) FarEast

3) T-Bone

I know I'm in for sure again this year, and hopefully the other two will be as well! Maybe it will be a touch warmer and dryer this year, but that the waves will be as good if not better!

JD was the only one to make it out of the first heat last year, so we really want to step up this year and represent better. Who knows maybe we can get enough guys to form a "Team JAM A" and "B". We'll put the ringers on the "A" team, and the kooks such as myself on the "B" team.

Well anyway, I know a lot of the other NJ guys here are either members of the Loggers, ot the OLC and various other clubs, but any of you non affiliated RINGERS, I mean SURFERS, let us know and we'll try to put together a full team.

T

4. g-unit

g-unit New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    I think right now i have become so bad my team doesnt want me affiliated with them any more!

5. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy New Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA
    I'll kook it up, throw me on a team...

6. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    T-Bone wrote:
    actually, we're going to run it a little different this year with regards to an A or B team. since alot of teams had more than 6 and one team in particular had a metric s&*t-ton of people *cough*OLC*cough*, we're going to change the format of scoring a bit.

what we are likely to do is just say your top 6 at any point are the scorers. beyond that, the team doesnt score.

so if for example, 7 guys from JerseyLoggers place in the early heats, only 6 of them score points regardless of WHO they actually are. the rest still advance, but their places do not count for points (unless of course they are one of the top 6 for their team in the next round).

overall this makes it easier to score and keep track of. it also gives your team a better chance of scoring b/c you have all of your guys competing for one team. so if someone has a bad heat but someone else steps up, you can still earn points.

7. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA New Jersey
    How about just making it 6 man teams. We can bring 2 teams, but they get scored seperatly. So it would be OLC and OLC Too.

8. Mantooth

Mantooth New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    we tried doing that last year and it got very confusing separating the people and scoring them on different teams. i know it doesnt sound confusing, but in the morning when we are trying to get everyone registered and seeded, it was not easy to do and we ended up throwing the whole concept out. as a result, we just scored anyone who placed.

this way will be easiest for us to manage, and it eliminates the advantage of any one team having a ton of really good people.

9. aslbuck

aslbuck Member

Jan 29, 2005
    yea, that does sound complicated. hahaha. or maybe not so much so. anyway, smokey, i like naming one of them "OLC too", i assume that's an ode to the classic film "teen wolf too"?

10. richard tator

richard tator New Member

Jan 22, 2006
    USA New Jersey
    I am putting together Team Drunkard, so far Im the only one in it. All are welcome.

Driver needed.