250 Vintage 80's un-cut skateboard decks

Discussion in 'Skate' started by arn2629, Feb 24, 2014.

1. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Hey guys,
    I don't know much about vintage skate stuff but I came into buying 250 pristine, uncut skate deck blanks from the 80's. I could have the guys that shaped them at the time write them up and I even have the original stencils. They are all stencils of the Powell boards and others during the time. If anyone could quote their worth because there are so many I cant hang on to them. Should I cut and sell as my skateboards which I wanted to do or get authentication and sell uncut?

Thanks!

2. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2004
    USA New Jersey
    Pretty cool! How'd you come across that?

If you could get some sort of letter of authenticity, there are probably collectors who would eat it up. Right now is a pretty hot time for 80s skate memorabilia. I'd say toss one or two on eBay and see how you do, then use your judgment from there.

That original artwork screens (art folks: is that the proper terminology?) would probably be worth way more. You can see them screening a logo onto board on the old Bones Brigade video Future Primitive. Bet there would be some collectors who would kill for that.

3. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    In the 80s a Boston skateshop dried up and went bankrupt and all the blanks moved down to a local Rhode Island surf shop for 30 years and I was able to snatch them up from old local surf shop owner!

4. jscottk

jscottk Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Wow thats 250 pieces of Art

Screw Ebay, Bring them to Brooklyn and have an art show
    Place art prices on them.

feel free to pm me.

5. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Thats only half!

let me know what you think

Attached files
    [​IMG]

6. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Slapped this one together the other day.. The wood is still as solid as it was after it was pressed

Attached files
    [​IMG]

7. jscottk

jscottk Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Ohhhhhhh...

I was under the impression the art was already ready screened onto the boards.
    So they are just plain wood uncut?

8. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    sorry man... I dont know much but know these are original unscreened blanks!

It probably means nothing to be from the 80s unless someones into the,. If not ill just shape them all!

9. dingpatch

dingpatch Active Member

Apr 2, 2014
    USA Florida
    The un-cut decks are just "decks" at this point.

For you, the value of the decks would be in the fact that you can cut the "template" per "custom" request. Skaters are an odd lot; you may end up being the King of asymmetrical decks and/or such!

Now, , , , what type of "stencils" do you have? I imagine that they are silk screens? Can you post a pic?

10. arn2629

arn2629 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    USA Rhode Island
    Sorry i meant by stencils.. templates. I wish I had the screens to lay down the images. I've realized there just worth an ordinary deck so maybe im build up a little line of 'custom' wood penny boards and sell them with trucks for $60 a pop