2+1's

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by fishy82, Apr 21, 2016.

1. pilau

pilau Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    USA Hawaii
    Here's what I'm running. 6in bonzer with stretch "buzztroller" rears as sidebites. Beats the hell out of all the Bonzers I've ridden. Parmenter MP disc. I think he calls it something different now. He redid his site.

Attached files
    [​IMG]

2. Ticowannabe

Ticowannabe Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    the widowmaker
    pretty much the way most of my 2+1's end up

3. fishy82

fishy82 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    pilau wrote:
    Good call. I'll try the speed wings with a 6.5" bonzer. My shape is kinda similar outline to the mp..

4. Latte

Latte Member

Sep 2, 2008
    USA, near the witches
    Going back to my 90's style boards tomorrow... 9'2" HPLB pintail with a Parrish 6.5 and 3.7" sides...

Surfnfish likes this.
  5. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    first 2+1 Egg: where does the single fin go. front middle or back?

6'6 FCD Huevo Ranchero - 3.25" side bites and 6.5" Parrish

Attached Files:

6. takedown

takedown Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Eugene, OR
    I read that putting it so the leading edge of the middle is just being the trailing edge of the bites is a good starting point.

However I also read about how much someone experimented on a Howard mini and they changed the board from a dud to a one stop quiver after lots of trial and error. So it seems to depend alot on the board, fins and riding style.

7. Surfnfish

Surfnfish Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    takedown is correct, good place to start..closer to the sidebites=more acute turns, further back=more drive.

have become a big fan of the FCS Connect LB fin, which snaps into the fin box with no screws..a buddy rode 3x this past winter with one in his 9'6 LB gun, rock solid..literally a few seconds to 'pop' the back of the tip to disengage the locking cam, adjust, snap back into place...and the shape of the fin itself is excellent..I'd recommend a 6" for your FCD if you go that route..

[​IMG]

8. Bighouse

Bighouse Active Member

Feb 21, 2012
    East End, Long Island
    Thanks guys!