1st Annual North of San-O Zoo at the 'Bu

Discussion in 'Surfing' started by MonkeyBoy, Sep 16, 2006.

1. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    What you missed if you didn't surf Malibu this morning (besides nearly epic conditions):

1. Matthew Maconnahey (sp?) getting better at surfing
    2. Christian Wach, a couple of the Malloy Bros, Gamboa, etc.
    3. 2 Broken boards
    4. Getting dropped in on by Jesse Bilauer (sp?) from the Life Rolls On Foundation - I don't mind it, the kid is in a wheelchair and still gets paddled into big sets. Kudos to him.
    5. Did I mention nearly epic conditions?
    6. A dozen paparazzi shooting pictures of Matthew M. and gang
    7. Air drops at the top of 2nd Point by some of the shortboarders.
    8. Bikini's, Bikini's and short booty wetsuits. And Matthew M. in shorts for the ladies;).

Life is good! See you guys Friday AM.

AF

2. woodnsea

woodnsea New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    AF,

I just got back from Malibu. Went out at about 12:30 for a few hours and oh yea, it was pretty amazing. Sets were overhead for sure and lots of talent out there. It's fun to even watch who the power players are(Alan Sarlo etc.), how they work the crowd and see how intense but still surfable it is. I managed to get a few among the crowd and plenty of short and longboards on every wave. It was definately a classic day in Southern Cal..........just had to share the stoke

3. mrs. andersonfan

mrs. andersonfan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    USA California
    andersonfan wrote:
    # 1 and # 8... yes.... very nice eye candy indeed!!!

There certainly was something for everybody yesterday.... including some very nice waves.... got one ding so AF is going to do some fixing tonight!

4. andersonfan

andersonfan Member

Feb 12, 2005
    USA California
    ....... from one of those balsa boards, no less. Damn, they do a lot of damage from a little hit!:X

AF

5. little AL

little AL Member

Feb 17, 2004
    USA
    And most of those balsa are glassed real light. Mine has one layer of 6oz top and bottom, a lot of them have only one 4oz top and bottom, and then there are the purests that just varinsh them. Hope you get her done in time for tomorrow morning. I plan on being there waiting for it to get light enough to paddle out, or maybe even try and catch a few before it gets light. I will be leaving Palm Springs around 230am to beat the rush 4 hour trafic LA does not have rush hour trafic. I will be easy to find since you already know what my board looks like.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

course you're a Pisces Benny .... water. You are ruled by Neptune. The two words that describe you are

"I believe"

You have the feet. The feet dictate the athlete. Before they ever will allow a Russian dancer to train .. they look only at their feet. They have to be WIIIIDDDDEE and thick ... high arches. Baryshnikov ... has those feet .. so did Nureyev. I saw both up close .. when they go up in the air .. .everyone gasps because they don't come down in the time they are supposed to. It's like beat beat beat beat beat ... .. ...........................man they are staying too long.

Then land. Pisces. The best. They are mated with Cancers and Scorpions. Hard shell outside ... but inside ...

they are all water. You mate with same element, not same sign. And you go for someone close to the same number of the day. So

Academy ... Anapolis? Is that what you mean by Academy? Do all Navy men graduate from Anapolis?

Please drive careful Benny ... alot of people love you.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I just got back from Malibu ...

was at Topanga from 2 pm to 5 pm

Malibu from 5 pm to 8 pm

beautiful

yes Malibu is beautiful

8. NJ Longboarder

NJ Longboarder Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2005
    crabcakes wrote:
    Is crabby hitting on Benny? I'm confused. We all love you benny....group hug time.

9. surfore

surfore Active Member

Mar 2, 2004
    USA California
    ...and Jim Phillips ripping it up like Kelly Slater! Look out over 60's division...

10. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    USA California
    NJ Longboarder wrote:
    Uh - I think Crabby is crushing on Benny there. Wait, isn't Crabby Daize?:shock: Whoa, DUUUDE - you lucky dog BENNY.:cool: