12’er Charleston SC to New England?

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Tlri, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Sorry in advance for being a double poster with this on east coast board train thread too but, looking for maximum traction with this one.

Looking at feasibility of moving Jooks 12’ JP from Charleston SC to RI makawaosurfer May have an April trip but not definitive yet.

In no rush to get the board here as I spend more time on snow than in the water this time of year but don’t want to put Jook through and extended storage or miss out on other sale chances if there’s no long term outlook to get the board north.

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

2. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    We should drive together
    Take turns very 3 hours
    And fuck it
    I have a board in PA
    And there’s probably many others down east coast

3. Tlri

Tlri Active Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Rhode island
    Sounds like a fun road trip!
    I wish I had time in my schedule to pull something like that off!

4. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Dang, if you would have needed it a week ago, I ran down there and picked up a Landcruiser. I would have grabbed it for you.

5. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Tell us about that Toyota
    Show pictures please

6. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    4CBCAEA1-C376-450F-88D3-7AD9FC5274A7.jpeg
    I don’t want to hijack this thread and I really need to take more pictures and clean it up, but here is a picture from when I picked it up. It is a 1989 FJ62 and was a one owner with 201k. The wife and daughter were selling as her husband passed away a few years ago and no one in the family wanted it and view it as a piece of junk. They had neglected and not taken care of it. It is rust free though and the interior and body are in great shape. It ran like crap when I got it, but they definitely didn’t keep up on maintenance. I made a blind offer as it was five hours each way and the price was good enough for the gamble and to prevent someone buying it from under me and flipping it for atleast twice as much overnight. I definitely left money on the table after the response when I made the offer, but didn’t want to lowball them. It needs a little more work than I thought, but again, the price I paid was still great. It is running pretty decent now as I have been working on it already and I have been driving the heck out of it. It will have pictures on my IG as I restore and build it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  7. strez

strez Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hamilton, Massachusetts
    I had one of those in Costa Rica. Solid like a tractor; not quick, but super capable. Pretty easy to work on as well. Enjoy!

8. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Thank you. Tractor is a good way to describe it. Parts are expensive and a pain to track down, but rewarding to have a 30 year old rig on the road making you smile all the while. Definitely not a hot rod. 0-60 in a few minutes. Haha.

9. Tenfooter

Tenfooter Active Member

Nov 12, 2014
    USA Rhode Island
    Great vehicle
    And it came with surf rack included !!
    I love classic 4x4
    Yours being in my bucket list
    So far I started with this

Attached Files:

Wade In The Waves likes this.
  10. Wade In The Waves

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Simple ol’ Willy’s CJ2A. I like it. You would like some of my past rigs.

Basenji703 likes this.