10'6 Jacobs Wegener Model A

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by JMJackFish, Oct 22, 2017.

1. JMJackFish

JMJackFish Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    Just got back from a great trip to El Salvador and am already booking my return trip now. I need to sell a few gems to finance it. Hate to let this one go and hope it goes to a Jammer. This board is in 9/10+. There may be one or two tiny heel dents but thats all. No repairs/dings. Board rides amazing. 1" Center stringer, nose, tail blocks, and glassed in Palownia fin with amazing bead. IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1825.JPG

From the Jacobs site:

The Model A is a traditional board that has no sweet spot or pivot point so it can be turned from any part of the board. This board features a soft, round bottom and contoured rails which stick to the wave. This board will start to angle across the wave all by itself. The board also has a long flat rocker in the mid-length of the board for ease of paddling and amazing glide. In addition the nose and tail have a slight rocker for easy turning. The trick was to put the flat rocker together with ease of turning. This is achieved by a blend of eggy down rails in the midsection of the board to up-style rails at the tip of the tail. This board will allow you to catch waves effortlessly and surf with tradition and style.

Pics are bad - I'll take some better ones. $800

DKNJ and NCJohn like this.
  2. SeniorGrom

SeniorGrom Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    USA New Jersey
    I rode Roach’s 10’6” same model 3 sessions during my San Diego trip. Excellent shape and really fun to ride. Your’s is a beauty.

3. SharkB8

SharkB8 Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    USA Virginia
    What's that triple stringer next to it? Trades?

Killafornia likes this.
  4. JMJackFish

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
    Mabile Eagle 10'6 2+1 - possibly.

5. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

That's a stunning board at a super price. Good luck with the sale.

NCJohn and JMJackFish like this.
  6. JMJackFish

Jul 5, 2016
    USA North Carolina
  7. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    I am really interested in this! Can you send me a few more pictures?

8. FirstPointEric

FirstPointEric Well-Known Member

I've heard the best things about the Model A. This is barely more than half of the original cost. Go and get it, LoS.

9. Lackosense

Lackosense Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Long Beach, NY
    My only reservation is that the Model A is really a point break board at heart. Area where i surf...there is only one point break and it is pretty remote..so i don't get out there often. When i do get out there, i ride my DR Penetrator and it works super well out there.

Otherwise, i'm surfing beach breaks...so i'm afraid the Model A wont really get much water time.