$10 for a shot at a Renny Yater "Apocalypse"

Discussion in 'Longboard Surf Buy/Sell/Trade' started by ElBrooklyn, Dec 5, 2018 at 6:00 PM.

1. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    pefa likes this.
  2. Wade In The Waves

Wade In The Waves Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2012
    USA North Carolina
    Great cause to support wounded veterans. I just wish that they would use another group to do so. Wounded Warrior has been proven to be a fraud over and over again, yet people continue to donate to them. There are so many better organizations out there to give too for supporting wounded vets.

Artz and pefa like this.
  3. ElBrooklyn

ElBrooklyn Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    NYC-EH-MTK and LBC
    I hear ya. They've definitely had their problems. My understanding is that after they fired two problematic executives in 2016, WWP got back on track and started doing a better job of spending its funds on veterans instead of employees. They've currently got three stars out of four from Charity Navigator and an overall score of 86 out of 100. The top-rated veterans charity is the Gary Sinise Foundation, which scored 97/100.

Tenfooter and Artz like this.
  4. Artz

Artz New Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Florida
    As Vietnam era Vet I feel that Wounded Warriors needs to do way better then they are to make up for the years of using Veterans to get rich. Firing a couple of scape goats and changing their ways isn’t enough.
    On the other hand $10. For a chance at a Yater would be nice. Wonder if they would trade that board for a Spoon?

DKNJ and ElBrooklyn like this.